• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Changing a 'Right of Way'- Problem Neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a 'Right of Way'- Problem Neighbour

Hi, I am building an extension to my property and need to alter the right of way my neighbour has going across the rear of our property. I am end of terrace, so it just means extending the ROW by 4-5 metres to go around the extension, nothing major.

I don't speak to my neighbours as they fell out with us a few years ago. We have had a solicitor send a letter requesting the change of the ROW and included proposed alterations. They have not responded to two letters from the solicitor now, which includes the offer from us to pay legal fees up to a certain value and also fees associated with changing deeds. They have ignored the letters so far and not been in touch with the solicitor to say which solicitor they will be using.

My question is, if they continue to ignore the letters, can I just go ahead and build over the ROW, put in a temporary one as proposed and once the building is completed then complete the new ROW and change our own deeds to reflect the new ROW? We have been more than reasonable in offering to pay fees etc, but I feel if they ignore the letters then I should just carry on and if they choose to kick up about it, let them incur the cost of trying to take legal action against me, as surely a judge would think they have been unreasonable in their actions? Plus the ROW would still exist, so access hasn't been deprived at all.

Appreciate thoughts and comments,

Leffeman101
    Tags: None

Re: Changing a 'Right of Way'- Problem Neighbour

I would check with your local council , but i thinkthis mightbe covered under CROW 2000 (countryside and rights of wa act 2000 as amended) if there is any possibility tht this is a public ROW then you will need to get a diversion order issued by the local council. But i would speak to their rights of way officer they often also deal with waste and enviroment .

Comment

Has your solicitor advised on likely repercussions of non response from neighbours?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

i too am having problems with my neighbours well since i moved here in 2007, it all started when i put in a driveway as the parking here is just plane daft,eversince i have had my neighbours and there family and freinds parking on it driving across it,they even sent me a solicitors letter informing me that i was blocking there right of way,my solicitor sorted that out, bow they have errected a gate on the shared pathway, without asking, is there anything i can do about this, please help as i think i am loosing my mind

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X