• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: harassment

Just had my daughter on the phone,someone came into the shop tonight and told her that the girl harassing her was parked outside the shop the other night for ages. Luckily she wasn't working.She is contacting the police as I write this regarding this and the text messages to her friend.

Another of her friends has been getting threatning messages also, from the same person she is sitting outside her house etc and watching her at work she has spoken to her Dad who is a Lawyer,and he is wanting to speak to my daughter so maybe he can help fingers crossed.
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

I hope this situation does sort itself, make sure your daughter is rigourous in noting things down.

Comment

well when daughter got home last night,she was telling me she was sat outside her work again tonight (Thursday) so she stayed in the shop until she had left,went to the pub across the road where she knew some of her friends would be to walk her to her car,and that the friends Dad (Lawyer) really wants to talk to her to see what has been going on,as it is his Company that are representing the person who is threatning everyone,and as far as I can tell been doing a very good job of getting her off with everything.

So don't know what is going to happen the Police Officer dealing with the case is going to talk to us tommorrow night.

This is really getting me down have not slept for about 3 nights due to worrying.
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

It can be very worrying and I can imaging the worry you are going through. If your daughter is vigorous in her note taking and that these things are reported to the police then she cannot get away with it forever and a lawyer is only as good as the law and the evidence and weight of it. I do think that not sleeping does not help you because a lack of sleep can cause even more exhaustion so I would suggest trying to get some sleep.

Comment

Thanks Nattie,

I do go to bed,but then I just can't get it out of my mind then I get more annoyed cos I can't get to sleep just seem to be going round in circles.I am sure we will get it sorted.

Comment

How's it been over the hols SL?

Tom
              I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
              Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Hi just catching up haven't been on for a few days,the holidays went fine she decided to head to Glasgow for Hogmany and spent a couple of days there.The Police are still looking into wheather they can do anything about the emails she received,will keep you informed as to how we get on.

Thanks for asking Stonelaughter

Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes for 2008

Comment

this has reared it's ugly head again............well it didn't actually stop just the frequency but it is escalating again.

She has called the police and reported what has been going on,

can any one please explain how you take out an injunction ?

as this needs to be stopped once and for all

Comment

You need to seek the advice of your local County Court. They will tell you the mechanics of it; what forms to fill out etc. You might be better off getting a Harrassment Order via the police; a civil Injunction costs you money and isn't as "powerful" for want of a better phrase. Also a Harrassment Order is a criminal matter; (were she to breach it she might immediately go to prison) and it goes on her record.

Tom
                    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!

Comment

Just wanted to say how sorry I am you and your famly are still going through this . It must be awful . I really hope you do get some help and support because with a daughter of 18 myself I understand how you must feel . It is a constant worry without all this extra pressure. You are all really brave to be standing up to it as a lot of people would not.

Thinking of you

J
                      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Sorry have been off line for a week will update once I get my head together.

Thanks for the replies and support

Comment

Thanks Stonelaughter for the information, much appreciated when she called the Police about the latest incidents she was told they couldn't do anything as there was no witnesses, she went to the shop where my daughter works, along with a male and her son, my daughter served her, was polite and just treated her like any other customer (which was very difficult for her to do) she keep saying to the male that she was going to punch her in the face, on the way out of the shop she handed the bags to the male and said again "I am going to get her now" but there was someone else entered the shop so they left. So the only witnesses were her friend and family, the officer pointed out that if she charged her she would most likely turn round and say that my daughter was the one to hit her first and that they would probably back her up ( if that makes sense)

As we have now moved from the area we have to contact the local police here and they have given her a "STORM" number.

She has been sending nasty emails to her work again, she seems to be obsessed with my daughter constantly asking people where she is what she is doing etc etc.

A few weeks back one of the women that was at the first incident where she got the police started shouting at her and being very abusive, someone who knows the story about the emails etc spoke to her and told her of the constant threats she had received leading up to that night,so she apologised to my daughter as she didn't know all that had gone on.

Comment

The police don't need any witnesses - they are fobbing you off. Press the matter via either a Sergeant (at least) or failing that write to the local Chief Constable. Harrassment is a serious offence - and most police forces treat it as such. As long as you write down evidence (dates, times, what happened etc) as things happen, keep printed copies of emails etc, and written copies of text messages, that evidence alone can be checked and IS GOOD ENOUGH TO CONVICT.

This has gone on long enough that you could potentially have a serious complaint against your police force. Just look at the date of your first post here; that alone warrants Police taking you seriously. I would urge you to print this thread in its entirety and present it to the Police.

I don't know about "STORM" numbers - what does that mean in practical terms?

Tom

Comment

Thanks Stonelaughter, will speak to daughter tonight about this.

As for the "Storm" number not too sure will enquire and get back with the info.

SL xx

Comment

Hi SL,

Sorry to hear this has flared up again, cant really add any advice other than what you have already been told. This IS a crime and it is punishable.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that "STORM" is your local forces command and control computer system. So basically it is a crime/incident number that will have been placed on their computer system for later reference. I assume that every time you make a complaint these incident numbers should mount up and hopefully be used in support of any future prosecution.

(But then again I`m just a grease monkey and it`s just an educated guess )
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X