• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property purchase

I have a shop which is rather small. To the rear of the shop and attached to it is a garage owned by the next door neighbour which is very useful size and would almost double my showroom area.
    I always asked that if he ever sold his house we would appreciate a chance to buy the garage from him as a separate transaction from his house sale.
    He has now offered me it and I'm delighted.
    The shop used to be part of the same property but was split off and sold separately a long time ago and became a shop and property in its own right.
    I have made an offer for the garage and it seems he's OK with it.
    I want to know whether I have to bother with going through a solicitor or conveyancer to do this for me.
    Can I just do this myself as I don't need a search done. I know the area has inherent mining issues from the past but to be honest I really don't care as the shop is no different situation anyway. When I bought the shop from him around 7 years ago I had a full search done at that time so I doubt if anything has changed since then, and the area is in a conservation zone so won't have a motorway planned to run through it.

If I can do this thing myself how do I go about it?
    Is it as easy as having a letter signed by the owner transferring ownership, then by a registration to the Land Registry?
    I don't want to incur any unnecessary costs.
    Anyone.....
    Tags: None

Re: Property purchase

Three's the land registry to sort out, and I know when we looked into this, there was an issue, I don't remember exactly what it was, over the electronic transfer of funds on completion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X