• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal hearing - confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal hearing - confusion

I won a County Court case. The defendant has appealed and I have been served General Directions Order papers.

The Judge orders that you and the other parties prepare for appeal as follows:-

The appellant must file on the Court and Mrs X a bundle which must contain all documents upon which either party wishes to rely.

As I am the other party do I have to submit any fresh evidence that supports my original Claim that I won OR is the onus purely on the other side to show the original case is unsafe?

Am I right to assume that this is just an appeal hearing and that if the appeal is granted a new trial will be set where I can then submit my evidence supporting my original claim?

thank you, Lisa
    Tags: None

Re: Appeal hearing - confusion

The Appellant(them) must file on the court and Mrs X a bundle which must contain all documents which either party wishes to rely(that'll be them).

I would have thought you would have submitted evidence already supporting your original claim, right?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

It would be best to submit anything you want to use and for thee court to rely on, and to go to the hearing expecting to deal with anything at all to do with the case.

If it is a civil matter, you do not get a re-trial, the appeal replaces the original decision.

Comment

I submitted my original documents months ago for the original hearing.

I have a lot more new documentation now that supports my original documents and hence supports my case.

Am I right in thinking I should now serve this new supporting documentation on the Appellant and the Court in time for the Appellant to include it in the bundle that THEY have been ordered to submit?

thank you for the very fast help,

Lisa

Comment

It is helpful to everyone if you exchange and serve on the court all the documentation which may be relevant, in time that they have plenty of time to read it, and in case the other side then want to change their position eg withdraw the appeal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X