• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Power v Authority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power v Authority

Hi, I posted the following question on a legal forum a couple of days ago, but have not received any replies so far. Does anyone have any ideas please?

If a legal charge secured against a commercial property confers eg power of sale, are there any circumstances where authority needs to be obtained before that power can be exercised?
    eg. If the owner of the property is made bankrupt, would his property vest in his trustee/ Official Receiver, or would the chargee be lawfully entitled to dispose of the bankrupt's property without obtaining the trustee's authority?

or

eg if the property owner died, would the chargee be allowed to dispose of the property to realise his security prior to probate being obtained
    Tags: None

Re: Power v Authority

I would guess that it depends on the terms contained in the legal charge.

Your question as is, is too vague to be answered otherwise.

Comment

having been through this recently, anything left goes to the estate of the deceased, anything that is owed by the deceased can be charged to the estate, once claim is made, anything that can be legally charged will be deducted by the controling council i.e family solicitor.
      Once a successful charge is put against the will, it will, unless countered, will be paid.
      The remaining funds will be divided as per will. If there is no will, it will be put towards probate.

Comment

Can a secured lender just take possession of and dispose of a mortgaged property prior to probate being obtained?
        I would have thought that all the deceased's assets went into the "probate pot" and any secured lender would be guaranteed money that was outstanding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X