• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GM Police Stop Search Account Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Police Stop Search Account Forms

There have been a couple of posts regarding Stops & searches by the Police.

I have attched the official Stop Account from for Greater Manchester Police.

If you are asked by the Police to accounts for why your are in a place or waht you are doing one of these has to be filed in and you are entitled to a copy.

You can also request one of these even if the criteria hasnt been met to isssue one.

On the street one of these will take you about 15mins to fill in properly.
    If you stop a gang of kids andask them what they are doing, you gotta fill in loads of these.
    Basically what happens is that the main details are taken and noted and the forms are filled in at the Station. The subject can thena obtain a copy after 7 days from the Police Station
    Side 1 (Both Copies)
    The Main details, as you can see covers just about everything.
    Also includes details if you searched a vehicle as well.

Side 2 (Police Copy)
    Intelligence and official details (may include who they were with, vehicles, nicknames heard etc)

Side 2 (Your Copy)
    Explains the reasons for searches and your rights.

Side 1 (Both Copies)

Side 2 (Your Copy)

PKea

Re: GM Police Stop Search Account Forms

I can't believe the police are being bogged down by even more paperwork.

Comment

Least they're out of their cars...

Comment

pmsl........love the smiley

true, some of them could do with a bit of exercise

While i remember, how do you post a picture in this box?

Comment

put [&img] Pic URL here [&/img]

without the &'s in the brackets. Or click the little picture at the top of the reply box, then put the image location there.

Comment

... and it has to be a picture from the web?
            I can't use one of my own?

Comment

you can do it as an attachment, but you're better off uploading them to somewhere like photobucket (www.photobucket.com) They then provide you a link to use on forums etc.

Comment

i have original form i will post later for comparison

Comment

Stop And Search Forms To Be Scrapped

Police Stop And Search Forms To Be Scrapped |Sky News|UK News

Lengthy forms for police to record stop and search incidents will be scrapped immediately in three pilot areas and nationally by the end of the year, the Home Secretary has told the Commons.

More police back on the beat?

Responding to Sir Ronnie Flanagan's review of policing, Jacqui Smith also proposed extending the power to stop and search to tackle gun and knife crime.
                  Ms Smith said the use of new technology, such as virtual courts and video ID parades, would be increased.
                  The Home Secretary said she would publish a Green Paper in the spring setting out further reforms and had asked Sir Ronnie to report back in six months on progress in streamlining police processes.

The need for lengthy paperwork was introduced after the inquiry into the racist murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence - but now six million police hours are taken up with bureaucracy.
                  The stop forms were designed to keep tabs on whether ethnic minorities were being unfairly targeted, and also to monitor the actions of individual police officers.
                  The so-called "stop and account" form can take officers up to seven minutes to complete. LOL, I wish they did

Tory leader David Cameron last week dismissed arguments that scrapping the paperwork would alienate ethnic minorities.
                  He argued that black and Asian youngsters would benefit most from a tougher regime, as they were the ones most likely to fall victim to street violence.
                  Official figures showed last year that black people were seven times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched by police in 2006, an increase on the previous year.
                  Asians were about twice as likely to be stopped and searched.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X