• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

being taken to court by landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being taken to court by landlord

Hello

Not sure I'm in the right place but hoping someone will be able to help.

My son's girlfriend has received a court claim for rent arrears.

The brief details of the claim are arrears for 1 month due on 8 November 2010

The claim form was stamped 15 November 2010.

The POC's are marked "to follow"

My question is this:

Was she not supposed to have received LBA under CPR rules first?

The Claimant has stated her address as xx but we know for a fact that this is not true so where does stand with that?

It has to be said that there is much more to this, but not sure whether that is legal matter or not.

The court has told her she has till 2 December to acknowledge service.

I'd be extremely grateful for any advice thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: being taken to court by landlord

First question really, are there any rent arrears ?

Comment

Hello
      thank you for responding

yes there are arrears, however she is disputing the amount, as the landlord upped the rent out of the blue without a new tenancy agreement.
      She gave her months notice but landlord would not accept this, as she would then owe 3 days rent, which she offered tp pay, and it was verbally agreed by the landlord. But then the next thing was court action.

Comment

By the way, I believe it is her intention to part admit the claim, but the court staff told her on the phone that until the Claimant supplies the POC's she would not have to do anything as there isn't any particulars to admit or defend.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X