• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What are the options when you believe the court is wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the options when you believe the court is wrong?

I have been bracing up for about 2 years for a gigantic (in my view) fight with the bank which is due in January. And already considering the implications, hence this question.

If one believes that the court was wrong in their decision, what are the options open to the individual. Is it high court?, judicial review or what and what are the cost implication of appealing a CCA judgement?
    Tags: None

Re: What are the options when you believe the court is wrong?

I belive the options are requesting the right to appeal at the end of the case, then written request, then oral request.

You basically go up the court chain, cost wise sorry no idea

Comment

Nice little diagram...which explains the process, so queens bench next? But is it the magistrate court that one will need to convince that there is an appeal?

And I hope someone will have the cost idea.

Comment

Expensive and one I would not consider given recent judgements ensure you have a very good grasp and understanding of case law before you contemplate any appeal and certainly do not do it without legal representation.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Well if costs can be as high as 6-7 k in a county court any costs in a court of appeal will most certainly be higher.
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11th November 2010, 19:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Expensive and one I would not consider given recent judgements ensure you have a very good grasp and understanding of case law before you contemplate any appeal and certainly do not do it without legal representation.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Well if costs can be as high as 6-7 k in a county court any costs in a court of appeal will most certainly be higher.

Food for tought.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X