• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No win no fee or better route?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No win no fee or better route?

Hello everyone

I’m about to start legal proceedings in reference to a negligence claim.
    however the internet is very vast with a lot of companies offering no win no fee and some even offering “keep 100% of claim”

can anyone advise if there are better ways to proceed or how much these companies can charge on no win no fee or indeed if the keep 100% of claim companies actually do this?

thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi
    Is your claim more than £10k?

Comment

I would like to think so but until anything is settled I do not know , why is that can I ask?

Comment

If the claim is under £10k lawyers will not be interested on a no-win-no-fee basis because their legal fees are not recoverable from the defendant if they win a case on the small claims track.
        My advice is to select a few lawyers to find out if they are interested. They will want details and to see all the evidence you have so they can assess the chance of the claim succeeding
        I would be concerned about the defendant's legal costs should you lose the claim. You should ask the lawyer about ATE insurance and who would pay the premium if the claim is unsuccessful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X