• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police and Corruption -NDAs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police and Corruption -NDAs

Good afternoon

A family member working within the police force has currently been suspended from his role by their Professional Standards Department for an unfounded claim of Misconduct in Public Office by having a relationship with a vulnerable female.

This police officer has never had a relationship with this female and as a result, to try and demonstrate competency PSD have raised his home and kept his personal devices to try and find anything they possibly could against him.

The methods PSD have used are unlawful, including but not limited to lying to a district judge to try and extend bail, attempting to bribe this female into changing her statement against the family member and falsifying statements from colleagues, and when challenged by those involved, PSD then decided to withdraw all of these.

There's far more to go into but I can't give away too much but there's a culture of corruption within this police force. As a result it looks as though there's a possibility the police might try and silence this person with possible compensation and an NDA.

The issue is, I and my family have been deeply affected by the goings on with this case and the impact it's had on our mental health. We have all made complaints to the police and the IOPC, so they know we are aware of the situation. Since these complaints, PSD have been sniffing around our online profiles such as LinkedIn.

If the police officer involved signs an NDA, will that mean the rest of us cannot disclose to the public and press the seedy goings-on (supported by incontrovertible evidence, naturally)? The police are aware of our complaints, so I would imagine that as many people are affected, we can't all be silenced unless we all sign NDAs?
    Last edited by MrPencilFace; 22nd October 2023, 14:05:PM.
    Tags: None

I should also add, we're UK based.

Comment

Is he being supported by the Police Federation?

You are not bound by an NDA to which you are not party, but take care not to make things worse for your family member.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        Is he being supported by the Police Federation?

You are not bound by an NDA to which you are not party, but take care not to make things worse for your family member.
        Thanks for your response. He was being supported by the Police Federation initially, but he ended up ditching them as the Fed rep became too pally with PSD and didn't want to rock the boat - she would often withhold information from him or delay telling him really important things. She was also told something by PSD but has refused to put it down formally as a statement as it would incriminate PSD further. So the Federation were ditched a few months ago.

How would I be making things worse for my family member? I don't see how he could get in trouble as he wouldn't have breached any NDA if I went to the press myself with all supporting evidence which I do already hold. The police already know that I, along with my family, hold knowledge that would hugely shame them if it got out.
        Last edited by MrPencilFace; 22nd October 2023, 16:27:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X