• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police car cctv footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police car cctv footage

Hi guys, friend of mine had a collision with a marked police car. (BMW).
    So, he has charges of dangerous driving, no licence, no insurance, leaving the scene of a accident.
    He was driving above the speed limit on a 30mph Road when the police spotted him doing 60mph.
    so the police swerved across the road into his path.
    There was a collision.
    due to his emotional state of mind (girlfriend trouble) he attempted to drive off and the police rammed him.
    The police car broke down at this point and he made good his escape in a Fiat 500!
    So today he disputes ramming the police and states they rammed him.
    The duty solicitor informed him that he can not see the cctv until after he has made a plea.
    I asked the duty solicitor is this correct and she confirmed this.
    I also asked her could he have made a SARS request for the video footage before court and she said no.
    So, my friend has pleaded guilty to all the charges as he was worried about losing his 1/3 reduction on his possible jail time for pleading guilty at his first court appearance.
    All the information above is as told by him to me.
    At the next hearing the cctv will be produced and played to the court.
    I would have thought that he would have been allowed to see the cctv footage before his first plea.
    Any and all advice and observations welcome.
    Thanks in advice guys and gals

Tags: None

Here are the sentencing guidelines https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...erous-driving/
    A period of imprisonment is possible (may be suspended, may not) as may be A1
    Given the seriousness of this offence why use duty? Your friend should have brought a solicitor with him (legal aid is available)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X