• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Armed Robbery At Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Robbery At Work

Hello you wonderful and intelligent people that make up these forums. I sincerely hope you are doing well and keeping happy.

I was kindly wondering my relative several months ago while working at the Co-operative was held up at gunpoint and made to handover money while on the till. This caused her significant distress, she has Post-traumatic stress disorder, has had several months of counselling and had to resign from the organisation. She is doing much better now but its unlikely she will ever be the same again, always having heightened anxiety and stress. She was represented by Usdaw the retail union who were very poor. The Co-operative solicitors declined any liability saying this could happen in any location. There was issues with Co-operative stores being specifically targeted due to being convenience stores, there was no security on site and the Co-operative had cut out middle managers so less staff where working together at one time.

I just feel that we could have a case if we pushed this further but kindly wanted please some further advice on the law in relation to this? No to mention she is now unemployed due to not being able to work in a customer facing role again, surely at the least a payment should be made for lost wages in this case? If anyone could kindly get back to me on this i would be forever grateful and thankful for your support it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you have a wonderful life and look after yourself. Very best wishes.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X