• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police Raids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Raids

I am interested in learning more about police raids and what is lawful & unlawful.

Here is a scenario... lets say somebody maliciously makes a false report to revenge somebody, and as a result the person gets there home raided by police...

From what I know the police can only false entry of a home with a valid warrant from the court. The police can only seize what is listed on there search warrant or any relating items that can be used as evidence.

Lets say the police break the door down causing lots of damage, they raid the home but do not find what they are looking for, however the police seize some goods for the sake of doing so as well as damaging personal belongings in the process and steal a few items that they fancy in the process. Can the police legally get away with this as technically, with the search warrant they have makes there raid lawful and that the victim of the home has to not only pay for a new front door and door frame but also has some broken/damaged belongings that the police smashed along with missing items.

What would happen in such a case?

Would the police get away with this or is there something the victim could do?

Its very worrying the way police behave especially when they know they can get away with wrong doings protected by there powers.Personally I couldn't trust the police at all and I would not put anything past them.

I would love to know peoples comments?
    Tags: None

Has this actually happened to you? Or is it just something you think might happen?

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
      Has this actually happened to you? Or is it just something you think might happen?
      I've been dealing with a malicious person who previously made false reports to the police which resulted in me getting into trouble and police banging at my door to arrest me. The police took sides even though I already told the police that she is malicious but I don't think they took much notice.anyway I just wanted to know more about raids? The police didn't arrested me in the end because they knew something wasn't right and they left after questioning me for an hour at my home.

If a raid were to happen its going to be a waste of police time and cause me much distress and financial cost at least to my front door. All's it takes is the word of a malicious person.

What makes a lawful raid unlawful?
      Last edited by Rob1111; 25th September 2023, 12:25:PM.

Comment

The Police do not arrest anyone cos someone accuses them unless there is at least some evidence if they did i could accuse anyone of anything to get them arrested.did you let them in to search and was there an arrest warrant this should at least say what the accusation is.

Plenty of malicious people out there im afraid to say .

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          The Police do not arrest anyone cos someone accuses them unless there is at least some evidence if they did i could accuse anyone of anything to get them arrested.did you let them in to search and was there an arrest warrant this should at least say what the accusation is.

Plenty of malicious people out there im afraid to say .
          The police don't always follow procedure or legislation especially when it comes to the Met on a power trip. I don't know if there was a warrant they wouldn't even identify let alone show me the warrant they had if they had one at all I suspect they didn't and they got an IOPC complaint filed against them. The way they banged at the door I opened it and let them in to find out what was going on... they could have broke my door down there and then if I didn't let them in.or escalated the situation. They did a quick search so technically because I let them in it was voluntary which made it lawful for them to enter but I don't want to take any chances if it happens a second time and I'm not home if they decide to do it again on another malicious report.

Comment

So any info on raids???

Comment

Magistrates have to sign a warrant. They have to be sure there is sufficient evidence and always hear the background to the case. The Police have to convince them there is a genuine need. They also find out if there are others in the property (children etc)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X