• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help With Police Intimation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Police Intimation

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this out of utter desperation. Basically a small part of what I'm going through is police intimation. It's on a scale you would think I'm crazy if I told you 20% of it. You're probably thinking he's a scum bag and probably deserves it right? No I don't. I just had the misfortune of renting in the wrong road.

I'm poor and on benefits so my options are limited. Does anybody know of any charities which might be able to help me? What is being done to me is very wrong. If you have belief in the structure of society. Please help.

My name is Dave by the way and thank you in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by UC989 View Post
    . Does anybody know of any charities which might be able to help me?
    Help you do what?

Have you made a formal complaint against the police? https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/com...it-a-complaint

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

How does renting in a certain road bring you to the attention of the Police?

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Sorry for my late reply.

I've just re read my post and it doesn't make much sense does it! It all gets a bit too much at times and I disappear down a dark hole for a bit. I'll try and explain as simply as I can. A lot, if not most of this will probably seem a bit out there or unbelievable but I can assure you it's 100% true.

I rent a room in a HMO in London. The area is quite a nice area and basically surrounded by other areas going through 'Gentrification'. It started believe it or not by watching my TV. I'm also going through some horrendous online and in person bullying. I've learnt the hard way the meaning of 'Argumentum ad populum'. If many believe it so, it is so. From my limited understanding that's not it's literal translation but it's generally accepted as it's meaning.

My room is next to my nextdoor neighbours bedroom. At least one of them has very good hearing and is a very light sleeper. I've looked into it and my TV volume is well below council levels. If I used to watch my TV past 11pm when they got up they would bang on the wall to try and disturb me and train me like I'm some sort of dog. I will add my average bed time is around midnight. So I'm not up all night every night. They then found out what 'the internet' says I am and decided I had to go.

The husband is either a policeman, family are police, good friends are police, or at least one of the neighbours is police. From my experience there is a network of the young professionals who use their jobs to keep the area how they want it. I've seen evidence of it not just in what is happening to me. It's the 'I work with scum like that all day. I don't want to have to come home and deal with it' attitude. There's also a strong neighborhood online network.

As I said previously I'm long term sick. Even without the internet nonsense it's very easy to project the dole dosser up all night disturb a young working family stereo type. But I'm doing nothing wrong. I will add I can't use headphones because I have tinnitus. Most likely caused by something to do with this. I also believe HMO's should not be allowed to be built without quality sound proofing. Plus I think they shouldn't be allowed in normal residential areas. But I didn't make the laws surrounding HMO's. I also didn't buy a house next to a HMO like my neighbours did.

So to the point of this thread the police intimation. It used to be every time I left the house I was followed around by the police. It's reduced slightly when I started telling everyone. Not a good look when you can't get the police to come out to your burglary. But when I leave the house they're instantly following me around. As I'm dole dossing scum I've obviously got some scam going or I'm on the rob. I've seen it done to people before. The police put the pressure on like they do to me. Mark their cards as such and the person moves on.

The trouble is with me they've hit a problem. I've got no scam. My illnesses are genuine. I'm not on the rob and I'm very stubborn. I also have very good reasons for staying. I think for the police it's now become an embarrassment for them with the online thing. They can't intimate someone like me. How does it look?

Just some recent examples of their intimidation. As good as telling career criminals I'm a police informer. Turning up to the house on a fictional 999 call over something I said to upset them. The police were called about something very minor. Not any type of action. They called again the next day asking if we'd called the police. My housemate called to report a relatively minor crime which happened days earlier. A police van turned up with at least 8 police officers in it. Something happened in the house which could have been used to 'fit me up' as they say. I was followed around all day by police cars with multiple police officers in them laughing at me as they drove past. We've got you now son type of attitude. Believe it or not they've used the police helicopter multiple times to intimidate me. Police response times to the house are also unbelievably quick for any area let alone London. Especially considering the very minor nature of the calls. They also respond to calls they wouldn't normally respond too for other members of the public. They're always a sure fire sign your living near a police officer.

There's so much I could go on and on. Basically whatever you might think of me what is being done is very wrong. I have some minor convictions for mainly fighting in pubs type stuff. Nothing serious and definitely nothing perverted. That includes not being questioned for either. I need professional legal help to make them stop. It's being done because I'm poor and they can get away with it. Even with my previous dealings with the police I used to say there's good and bad and I've experienced the bad before moving to London. But the Metropolitan police force is another level and I can see why they're so universally hated.

Anyway if you've got this far you've done well! Anybody who's got any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions I'm an open book. I've got nothing to hide. You might struggle to believe the answers because unfortunately this is just a small part of it and the rest is even more unbelievable!

Comment

Well that is a lot to take in. Given that they have no resources I have no idea how they have enough spare officers to do all this. And how can you intimidate with a helicopter in a built up area I wonder? Not saying it didn't happen but it seems difficult to achieve. The question was posed about a complaint - have you made one and if so what was the response?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Unknowingly you have made my point. Given their limited resources how can they achieve this? After a quick Google there are 32,407 Metropolitan Police officers. If they were all doing their jobs they wouldn't have time. But if you drop everything to follow me about are there not enough?

I understand it's a lot for anybody who's not gone through it to understand. But I can assure you it is true. There are 3 police stations within a 2-3 mile radius of me. If you stretch too 3-5 there are at least 4. I'm not from London. They're the ones I know about. There are probably more.

This is where I need professional legal help. I don't understand enough about the structure of the police force. The only way for this to happen is that my face is logged in some way. So when I leave my house. The local command centre or CCTV centre is notified via face recognition or something. The command centre then puts out a call to any nearby officers. The same as it would if there was a real situation.

This is what I was getting at in my first post. It's not what's being done. It's the shear scale of it that is so unbelievable. My very limited understanding is that to be logged as a 'person of interest' requires specific legal requirements and it has a limited time period. To understand this and defend myself against it requires detailed knowledge of the law. Yes I can make a complaint but that is basically pointless and ineffective. It requires a lawyer to ask is this man marked as a person of interest and for how long? The police have to then supply details which will without doubt show I have been and for much longer than is legally allowed. Oh, we're sorry. It must have been a computer error. A complaint doesn't achieve that. Only a legal professional can.

Comment

Consulting a legal professional seems like your next step then, if you don't want to make a complaint. I don't know enough to recommend anyone but searching for 'solictorrs handling harrasmment claims aginst the police" or something like that should bring up names of likely solicitors. I don't suppose they all work for nothing but might give you an initial 30 minutes free of charge.

The problem you have in my opinion is the almost total lack of evidence. You have an excess of assumptions and a deficit of facts. But let independent lawyers advise you about this.

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

It is very frustrating for me at times. Well most of the time. The amount of people involved and know it to be true. Yet you try to talk about it to the average person and they just think you're crazy. As I would of 11-12 years ago when this first started.

As I've said this is just a small part of it. What is underpinning it all is the hacking. People just don't understand just how easy it is and what can be done. Unless you're doing it or you're on the receiving end. 20-30 years from now people will understand it more as it happens to more and more people.

Unfortunately I understand very well what I'm up against. If you take the recent trial with Prince Harry and the hacking. Putting aside what you feel about him and Megan. For the record I have no strong feelings either way. As someone who's going through it. I can tell you without any shadow of a doubt most if not all of what Harry said is true. I can also say that basically every reporter outside knows what he said is true. Every reporter at the time knows it to be true. Yet even with Harry's wealth, privilege and connections. As well as the other 'celebrities' involved and their wealth and connections. Because he couldn't produce a bit of paper proving what he said or produce someone prepared to admit they'd hacked him (he did have someone who backed out before the case). He was basically made to look like a fool. If he can't stop or prove it what chance do I have? You're probably thinking, yeah but your not Prince Harry. Very true. But it's easier to do it to me than him.

A final food for thought before I finish. There's a photo of Mark Zuckerberg with his personal laptop. He has the camera and microphone covered with tape. If you stop and think about that for a moment. A man with his computer knowledge. His wealth. His connections and basically the whole of Facebook as a resource and even he can't stop it. What chance do you and I have?
                Last edited by UC989; 15th September 2023, 14:41:PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar. Not that it's much better 😁

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mark-zuckerberg-tape-facebook-instagram-1-1592x796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1654994

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
                    Consulting a legal professional seems like your next step then, if you don't want to make a complaint. I don't know enough to recommend anyone but searching for 'solictorrs handling harrasmment claims aginst the police" or something like that should bring up names of likely solicitors.
                    Iain Gould - he handles complaints against the police. Seems he wins quite a few of them.

Comment

Hi Dave, I named above who I think might be a suitable solicitor to contact - as mentioned you should probably talk to one.

But I can understand where you are coming from. We both have a lot in common. I have experienced being poor, living off benefits, living in a HMO, limited options and police corruption. Not a lot of police corruption, but enough to be left somewhat disappointed by 'the system', and its reliance on said police corruption to administer its will.

I'm trying to put myself in your situation, and I see an area which is subject to 'social engineering'. I'm imagining a few people who wield a good amount of control. I see money flowing in and out. I see grants and hand-outs to those in favour. I see a few on the lowest rungs enjoying the crumbs. I see a clique of like-minded people. I see the possibility of the police wishing for the status quo to prevail. I see them turning a blind eye to that which doesn't help in this aim. I see one fixer - a 'big shot'. Maybe a businessman. Or a councillor. Or both rolled into one. I see the minions who will do the bidding of their benefactors for tuppence. I'm seeing where I used to live and overlaying that image on top what I imagine your situation to be. I'm seeing a similar situation up and down the country for decades and decades. I'm seeing what some of us would describe as 'normal'.

But back to you original question about obtaining help from charities: Do you need help in finding alternative accommodation? If that's so I can probably try and see what's available. Not sure what other kind of help would be appropriate other than help with rehousing. Have you had a look online yet? Maybe Shelter would be a good place to start.

Comment

Sorry for my late reply.

SAMSMOOT - Nail, head. You know exactly what I'm talking about. It's so obvious if you open your eyes to it. The area I'm in. My guess is most of its linked to the 'Golden Goose'. It must be worth tens if not hundreds of billions over several generations for those involved.

Thank you for your advice of a solicitor. When I talk of charities. Again I haven't explained myself very well. My assumption, rightly or wrongly. Is legal aid isn't what it was, to put it mildly. I've therefore assumed I wouldn't qualify. Hence asking if there were charities who might help with legal assistance as Shelter do with housing.

I'm not there yet with your offer of help with housing and thank you for the offer. I'm a very stubborn person and I'm doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately for the police we're still lucky enough to live in a country where the rights of all are equal. Well in theory at least. So even though I'll probably cut my nose off to spite my face I'll at least give it my best shot. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

If your being intimidated & harassed by the police then I would invest in a camera, a cheap 50 pound gopro sort of thing will do or you could use your phone or both and film every encounter you have with the police, gather evidence and submit a complaint to the IOPC or take it straight to the Professional Standards Agency and report the lot of them with your evidence. Always have back up copies of your footage.

The police hate being filmed so don't listen to them if they tell you otherwise, your well within your rights to film police.and always ask them to provide you with 3 forms of identification, shoulder number, there name and what station they are based at.

The police have to identify themselves when engaging with a member of the public as its in there policy. Film everything, once again your well within your rights to do so & you can even upload the footage onto youtube to expose them.

If the police conduct any unlawful searches, you can have them for assault so any unwanted contact applies to that. The police have to have "reasonable" suspicion in order to search you. Always ask if your being detained and keep asking that until they give you an answer and if they say your not being detained then you can tell them to jog on and go about your business.

HNK Solicitors will also get you any compensation that is owed. HNK will let you know if there is a case beforehand and they will take a small fee out of the compensation money you get so you don't have to worry about costs as its a no win no fee. The police are NOT above the law no matter how much they would try to convince you.

Have a look on youtube auditing UK there are lots of people who film the police.
                          Last edited by Rob1111; 27th September 2023, 00:56:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1111 View Post

Have a look on youtube auditing UK there are lots of people who film the police.
                            Hardly a day goes by without me watching an audit on YouTube,

Pretty good suggestion for the OP to film the police. There's obviously a chance that it could annoy them and make things worse, so I wouldn't necessarily rush to do this: retaliation against auditors isn't that incommon - I'm sure you knew this already. But on balance I'd say it would be a reasonable thing to do, and it might get positive results, or prevent negative ones.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X