• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute of limitation re: NFA/VRR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute of limitation re: NFA/VRR

On 26th Jan this year, I was arrested and handcuffed (after coming in voluntarily with a solicitor at agreed time!) for apparently clicking "like" on a TikTok video my 11 year old son had made. (FC non-mol in place, being challenged)

After being held in a cell for 5 hours and fingerprinted etc, I was released NFA after < 10 minutes of questioning. The officer was incredulous, said "I should never have been brought in in the first place".

I was upset about the handcuffing though. The police self-referred, the duty solicitor complained, and I immediately asked for all my SAR data, arrest notes, BWV etc.

After some months delay, it was provided, but then suddenly the rest was with-held in May as the complainant (son's mother) had apparently exercised her Victims Right of Review and until the police could let me know whether I'm being prosecuted they won't provide the rest of my materials requested. All I got was the BWV and interview recording.

The alleged "offence" happened "sometime between 6 and 8pm on the 6th July" - am I right in understanding that the statute of limitation is 6 months, and therefore they will have had to have made a decision before then?

And if they have decided, is that the most likely time a police van is likely to turn up at mine?
    Tags: None

Note re: typo in first post. I wrote "between 6 and 8pm on the 6th July" when I meant "January". That makes quite a material difference!

Anyway, anyone got any ideas? I spent several hours on hold to 101 over the last week, being bounced around and being promised callbacks or emails which never come. (Average waiting time to connect - 35 minutes).

I keep being given different but incorrect names of the officer "currently handling" the case, and they always seem to be away, and when I call when told they're back, I then get told it wasn't them and they don't know what it's about, and that I should contact yet another person, who happens to be away. Again.

The "offence" happened 6/1/23, I called the courts today and they have no listings in my name - am I safe to assume I'm now clear as it's after 6 months and no charges have been laid?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X