• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sectioned under the mental health act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectioned under the mental health act

What grounds can somebody be sectioned under the mental health act?

To cut it a long story short somebody has made malicious allegations against me to get revenge. I am not a danger to myself or anybody else, I have been on medication for depression which I stopped taking because it made me feel sleepy and tired all the time. My mental health conditions are depression, anxiety and some OCD. I have no history of harming myself or harming anybody else and I do not intend to however the police have visited me today following some false allegations by somebody who wants to get revenge on me. They did mention a few things that got me thinking a bit and they wanted the details of my GP surgery. Its got me very worried because the next visit could be police officers and doctors ready to take me away. This might not happen but its a worry of mine.

I could potentially lose my flat and my belongings if I'm held for more than 3 months.

What grounds would cause me to get sectioned and could I be held for a long period of time? Will I be released when I'm found to be sane?
    Tags: None

You can only be sectioned if you have a mental disorder that puts you, or others, at risk.

You need to be assessed by three people (of whom two are doctors) and all must agree to the sectioning

There's a link in this website ( https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-i...al-health-act/) to a fact sheet that may answer your concerns

Comment

If your medication is causing problems see your doctor to either change it or lower the dosage. It is not advised to stop it without medical advice.

Stay safe

Comment

Just a thought... I should have asked the investigating officers for a form of contact and what station they are based at, would it be a good idea for me to contact the police either on 101 or another means in regards to contacting them to help them with there investigations just to clear the air such as giving them permission to the details of my internet service provider so that they can see all my internet activity and any other additional information I could provide to help them out or would this be classed as interfering with an investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
          If your medication is causing problems see your doctor to either change it or lower the dosage. It is not advised to stop it with medical advice.

Stay safe
          I have made an appointment with my GP about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1111 View Post

I have made an appointment with my GP about it.
            Hope all goes well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X