• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour attached shed to garage wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour attached shed to garage wall

My neighbour has built a shed between his and my garage and attached it to my wall that in the deeds states that it is inside my boundary and solely mine when confronted about it several times I have been told in no certain terms he can do what he wants. He has also taken it upon himself to attach his gate to my fence post and reposition a panel to allow him to lock the gate, he also has raised his borders above the gravel boards i installed that has now rotted the fence that yet again is inside the boundary as marked on deeds as mine. Yet again when I confront him on these issues he says it’s his side of the fence and he can do what he wants, last time we had words he said he will no longer speak to me about it and to get a solicitor and he will get one also. I do not see why I should have to go to the expense to prove what I already know is mine. I am at a loss what to do does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi LM

Welcome to LB

I think you should do exactly that providing you are 100% on your boundary rights. Because you've had several conversations on different issues and you've not done anything, so he expects the same this time, that you will do nothing. You need to find a solicitor who specializes in boundary issues (get some advice from a solicitor Pro Bono first) who can help you resolve the matter, also you shouldn't be out of pocket for doing so, if you win, your neighbour will have to pay your costs.

Almost an identical situation, in terms of, 'he will no longer speak to me about it and to get a solicitor and he will get one also'.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-b1077637.html

Comment

Unfortunately, if you wish to assert your rights you may well have to spend money doing so.

Do you have legal expenses insurance cover?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Please check you have legal expenses cover on your buildings insurance, this should cover the cost of your dispute.

Try and take photographic evidence of what he has done and send them into your buildings insurance people.

He is NOT allowed to attach things without your permission.

If he has caused any damage he would be liable for that.

We have a neighbour who has also been problematic.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X