• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassment warning and advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment warning and advice

Hi,
    I'm after a bit of advice. I'm not going to mention any names etc in case this post is found.

A few months ago, I had an argument with a friend online. Unfortunately, this argument progressed very quickly and the friendship is now irretrievable.

I was humiliated on a company Twitter page (which the person who did this actually works for that company)

I complained to that company about their behaviour and the previous harassment prior to it even being made public. The company agreed with me and promised to investigate and I was promised what had occurred wouldn't happen again and I got a written apology from the company concerned.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the end of the incident as I was then contacted by various friends of the person involved and there was a lot of arguing to and fro between myself and several different people.
    I suggested on several occasions at this point to call a truce and stop everything there and then and go separate ways . But that wasn't accepted in fact the next thing was on August 22nd I got a phone call from the police and issued with an harrassment final warning and told not to contact again.

Not happy with this situation, as the entire incident was started by the other party I went to the police the next day and put in counter allegations for harassment and gave them all my evidence.
    and I now have a crime reference number for this

However , the other party are obviously aware that a warning has been given and since then have continued to harass me with phone calls!

Then last Monday I got a very threatening phone call from someone representing the other party who had managed to find out my address and then proceeded to tell me they had been paid to come down and literally smash my house up and put defamatory leaflets through my neighbours doors with my picture on saying I'm a paedophile.
    I went back to the police who have recorded this as a public order offence cat 4a. And gave me another crime reference number.

Ever since I've been petrified of being alone at the house but the police have done absolutely nothing.
    The problem seems to be that I'm in one police area and they are in another!
    ​​​​​​
    I've been passed back and forth between the two with no resolution as to what they are going to do...

​​​​​the each keep saying it's the other forces responsibility and in the meantime I don't feel safe at home and as I told them. It's wrong that I can get a warning and can no longer contact the party concerned meanwhile they can carry on harassing and threatening me as they wish!

So my question is, as the employer of the person concerned promised they would sort this and it's carried on, can I contact them on the number they've given me and explain what's happened since as the police have done nothing.
    Or would this be classed as breaching the warning and contacting the other party?

Or do I sit and carry on being threatened in my own home​

Any advice appreciated

Tags: None

Hi Lanstrum

a) Ask the police in your area to install a 'panic' button, that will take some of the anxiety away from 'living alone'.

b) Lodge a formal complaint against the police as they haven't taken action in an 'even handed' way.

c) Install alarm / CCTV, record all calls.

Comment

Victim support are sending me a panic alarm .
      ​​​​​​A complaint has been sent to the police.
      After spending five hours on the phone to West Midlands police it turns out that of my two crime reports, one was never sent to them and the second was sent to Greater Manchester police!

I actually got through to someone who wanted to help and now have a brand new reference number detailing what has happened.

I do have a question regarding the harassment warning that I've been given, it states clearly to cease all contact which is fine.
      But as this person does work in a variety of different shops for her company in the Midlands what would happen if I was unlucky enough to walk into a shop and they were there?

I've no clue where she will be on any given day but I shouldn't have to avoid every single shop just in case!

I would assume that it would be that I'd just go in and out with a purchase and they'd act professionally and I'd just go on my way but I want to make sure that was the case.
      Ideally if I saw them in the shop prior to entering I'd go elsewhere anyway but that doesn't always happen.

I guess the same would apply on a train as well. I've no idea where anyone is going to be so if you accidentally ran into them , just keep a distance .

Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanstrum181 View Post
        Victim support are sending me a panic alarm .
        ​​​​​​A complaint has been sent to the police.
        After spending five hours on the phone to West Midlands police it turns out that of my two crime reports, one was never sent to them and the second was sent to Greater Manchester police!

I actually got through to someone who wanted to help and now have a brand new reference number detailing what has happened.

I do have a question regarding the harassment warning that I've been given, it states clearly to cease all contact which is fine.
        But as this person does work in a variety of different shops for her company in the Midlands what would happen if I was unlucky enough to walk into a shop and they were there?

I've no clue where she will be on any given day but I shouldn't have to avoid every single shop just in case!

I would assume that it would be that I'd just go in and out with a purchase and they'd act professionally and I'd just go on my way but I want to make sure that was the case.
        Ideally if I saw them in the shop prior to entering I'd go elsewhere anyway but that doesn't always happen.

I guess the same would apply on a train as well. I've no idea where anyone is going to be so if you accidentally ran into them , just keep a distance .

Is that correct?
        Great on the help from police front, I would just avoid the shops completely, maybe change the times that you use the trains. You can then show that you have made adjustments, if you accidentally meet wit this person.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X