• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unable to use connecting flight home, what are my rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to use connecting flight home, what are my rights

Soon I will be off on holiday to Jesolo Italy, for 2 weeks holiday

Original flight departure time was 05:55, but now has been changed to 12:30, and this flight will arrive in Italy at 15:40

Around Aug 2021, I had booked my own flight home, from Marco Polo Venice to Glasgow Airport, and I would have been home for around 13:00
    Around Feb 2022, received email from easyjet, telling me these flights have been cancelled, so I now have to make arrangement to get home from Gatwick Airport

A few weeks later I book my self on the 15:15 flight from Gatwick to Glasgow, and would have plenty of time to catch this flight

My return flight from Marco Polo Venice to Gatwick, was originally due to take of at 09:55 and land at 11:10. Around 5 weeks back, received an email telling me this flight has been changed, and will now depart at 16:15, and will land in Gatwick at 17:30

So now my connecting flight, I cant catch this flight, and its not my fault, I will end up missing this flight. Have emailed and messaged easyjet, and right now I just getting no where with them, and being told to look at the Q&A for flight delays and cancellations. In my email to easyjet, what I more or less put down here, is what I have explained to them, but then asking them to transfer me to the 21:30 flight from Gatwick - Glasgow, and no cost to me

Is this something I could pursue easyjet through the small claims court, just to get refund for a unused connecting flight, due to easyjet changing flight details, and flight departing later
    Tags: None

Did you book the flights as a through flight with connections, or did you book each flight as a separate item?

What I mean is, travelling from A to C via B, did you book a flight from A to C, with an itinerary that included a connection at B, or did you book and pay separately for a flight from A to B and another from B to C?

And did you pay by credit card?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Holiday package booked through TUI, but the flights are with Easyjet, and flying out from Gatwick, and easyjet have altered the departure time

Flights booked separately,

Flight A: Glasgow - Gatwick
      Flight B: Gatwick - Venice - Gatwick
      Flight C: Gatwick - Glasgow

Paid by Mastercard, bank account

Sent a further message to easyjet, and been told they cant waive the fee for changing the flight, as any connecting flight I book, I book at my own risk.
      Now I guess I'm not going to get any where, so might as well leave this, and book a flight when i get back in to the UK

But I find the response from Easyjet, to be unacceptable, as they have changed the flight departure times. Now I just wonder how many other holiday makers are in the same situation, and now need to pay a fee to change there flights

I know there quite a few holiday makers who holiday in Lido Di Jesolo, and in previous years, there have been 5 families on the Gatwick - Glasgow flight

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X