• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Question regarding solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding solicitor

Greetings. I wonder if someone can advise me
    should a criminal solicitor be able to tell me what I'm likely to be charged with? All I get told is wait until you go to the police station to answer your bail and you'll find out then. I get told until your charged we won't know then we can take it from there

The solicitor who is representing me has only just qualified last year and therefore has no personal experience I assume of what I'm charged with
    Is it reasonable to expect my solicitor to know whether I'm going to be charged with one or the other or should u have to wait ? Am I being unreasonable here

can I change solicitors once I have been charged or should I change them now to a more experienced one. Does legal aid mean you get what you pay for and I can't be picky?

Tia
    Tags: None

Your solicitor should be able to say it will be either a, b or c and give you an idea of what the possible charges are. He or she will not know until the CPS decide - they will only charge what they have a very good chance of getting a conviction for

Comment

I am just told to wait until I answer bail in 3 weeks which is causing immense stress. I've not been told it's going to be a n or 3 I've just been told it's going to be one of them which isn't particularly helpfull

If I got a loan and paid for a solicitor will I get a better service than if I stay on legal aid.

Comment

Also is mitigation usually discussed at court right before you stand in front of the judge or should I see the solicitor a few days beforehand to discuss it. Is this another legal aid issue?

Comment

In fairness the solicitor will not necessarily know - depends on the evidence they have. And mitigation comes before sentencing - either after a guilty plea or after you are found guilty following a trial

Comment

I understand that he's really busy and I guess legal aid isn't top. Of their priorities but can't help but think if I was paying they wouldn't be like this Never replies to emails and doesn't return calls

would it be easier to get a new solicitor at the company I'm with or just find a brand new one?

Comment

It is wrong that they do not communicate and very frustrating. However they cannot tell you something they do not know. They can give you the options of what the charges "might" be but will not know for sure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X