• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on legal name problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on legal name problem.

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes.
    My partner has a problem with her legal name/ birth certificate. She was born in 1980. When we met 15 years ago she was called Miss C Surname (B). This was because when she was 8 (1988) her mum changed her surname from Surname (A) to Surname (B) with a solicitor. My partner had a sheet of paper from the solicitor bearing witness wit a small birth certificate attached. When we applied to the registry office for a copy of her full birth certificate. They contacted us to say that they had no record of a certificate with Surname (A) but there was a birth certificate that was registered in 1982 with Surname (C). So any idea what we can do. She has been using her current name for pretty much forever. Our children have both her surname and my surname as their surname. We are also not sure if when we get married she could double barrel the surnames like the children. As you can imagine it’s a little bit stressful. So any advice greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi DRAW73

des8 Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Hi all.

Comment

Was that tag meant for me echat11 ? querying as Des has only ever made one post

Your legal name in the UK is the one you are generally known by
        Longish article here which may help you understand the position: https://deedpolloffice.com/change-name/law

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Was that tag meant for me echat11 ? querying as Des has only ever made one post

Your legal name in the UK is the one you are generally known by
          Longish article here which may help you understand the position: https://deedpolloffice.com/change-name/law
          Yes, but look you responded, the 'telepathy' is working, don't tell Admin.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X