• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims court

Hi,

I do hope this is ok to post here, i am new to the forum but hoping for some advice after much Internet searching.

I was due to travel abroad for a wedding with my partner and he had booked both our flights and transferred the money for the full cost of mine. However we have since seperated. I have spoken to the flight provider and they have seperated our flights into two bookings as i want to continue with my travel plans but my ex does not wish to attend any longer. He has been offered a voucher for the cost of the flight to plan another trip by the airline but he doesn't want this and is demanding the full cost of his flight to be paid to him by me, as is stating he wouldnt otherwise have booked the trip. He is calling and emailing me every day and is threatening to take me to small claims court. I cannot afford to pay him for the cost of his flight and whilst i am sad that we are in this situation I feel that he made the decision willingly and this is not my responsibility. Can anyone advise whether he would have a case? Feeling quite desperate duento the frequency and intensity of his emails so any guidance would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

So don't answer the emails but don't delete.

I doubt very much if any case he could take against you would be successful as he made the booking of his own free will.

Just wait and see if a claim arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So don't answer the emails but don't delete.

I doubt very much if any case he could take against you would be successful as he made the booking of his own free will.

Just wait and see if a claim arrives.
      I agree, I use truecaller once you block a number you never have to be bothered with it again, it works on an app and you can buy landline phones that do the same for little money.

Flag his emails as spam I very much doubt, he would win against you in court, he has been offered a voucher by the airline so they would be the alleged guilty party not you. Suing the wrong legal entity is always a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Many people tend to perceive legal services as something expensive and unaffordable and rarely turn to lawyers on everyday issues. In fact, early consultation with a lawyer can save you a lot of money and chores. Check at https://fee4bee.com/services/busines...legal-services and you will see that legal assistance on some issues can be much cheaper than you thought.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X