• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car damaged by collapsed wall that was built by council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car damaged by collapsed wall that was built by council

Hi all. Had an accident today and my car was damaged by a collapsed wall.

Some background: My house has off road parking at the back of the property which is accessed via a public way. As you turn the car to the back of the property there was a 1 meter tall brick wall on your left (which has collapsed 1 month ago). The wall was built by the council some 15 years ago. The road through is about 3 meters wide with a small brick wall on the other right hand side.

It’s very difficult to see the collapsed as you turn from the road because it’s low down and because of this I misjudged how far the left side of the car was from the pile and the corner of the collapsed wall caught the door and now there’s a deep dent on the left rear door.

What I want to know is who is responsible for the damage? And if the council is responsible for the wall How can I go about making a claim for the damage to my car?

Thanks in advance

Tags: None

You can try claiming from the council, but I bet they will turn round and say "you were driving and you knew the wall had collapsed. You were negligent in your driving"
    Whether or not you can argue they should have cleared the rubble (did anyone inform them it had collapsed?) is another factor for you to consider?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X