• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Complaint against police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint against police

Good evening everyone

I'm in need of some advice

I'll try to keep it as short as i possibly can

Since 2014 my local police force have been failing to act on incidents made
    We made complaints nothing ever came of it
    This time some serious things happened regarding my child
    Basically was taken by someone who was a threat and seen as a danger
    Police failed to act only this time we had professionals involved
    Family support worker
    childs school
    mental health worker
    a pcso told us that they are watching over this incident due to nothing getting done the person who took my child as gotten away with it even though there is a court order in place what was supposed to stop this person getting near

we was told to get a complaint in which we have
    it is about failure to act and also on one officer who did speak with my child but refused to let an appropriate adult in the room
    bearing in mind my child as server mental health issues
    We was told that we was not allowed in the room

the officer came out saying nothing can be done
    after the office went the officer apparently told my child that she could see this person and my child isnt at risk
    yet a court case what was lenthly stated this person was a high risk
    This officer failed us but also encouraged my child that it's safe for this person to come near my child
    more things as happened but I wanted to give some slight insight

My question is we know the police have failed us
    We know its caused huge mental and emotional damage trying to get the police to listen
    but what will happen with this complaint
    Will it mean they will start to take things more serious when its comes to our incidents we keep suffering due the their failings of acting

We just dont know what will happen
    A family law solicitor advised me to sue but he could not proceed to give me too much advice due to him not being a criminal law solicitor
    but from the things I had told him he said this police force sounded corrupt

I don't know if we have the strength to sue for compensation
    a chief officer emailed to say that our complaint was been handled I then had to Write a lengthy email with all our concerns
    but we havemt heard anything back
    We just want to feel safe and our child to be safe

It's been exhausting but we just want to feel safe in our own home

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Have you made a formal written complaint as outlined on your local police force's website? If you haven't done so, do so now.

I would also write a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable and to your local (elected) Police and Crime Commissioner, and also complain via the Independent Office for Police Conduct, ( https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/com...make-complaint ) and complain to your MP.

If there is a court order in place I do not understand your family law solicitor. They don't need to be a criminal lawyer to complain to the court that the police are ignoring it's order. Go back to this lawyer and get them to explain to you why they can't help you or can't recommend someone else to help you.

You could also try asking Citizen's Advice. (And if you don't mind my saying so, I'd also ask them to help me draft my letters of complaint as I'm afraid I find your post very difficult to follow).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X