• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance company not responding to thirdparty (me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance company not responding to thirdparty (me)

Hi,

Not sure where to post this. We employed a tradesman to do some work on our house. He caused damage to our property. We said fix it or you don't get paid. He made a claim on his insurance, and so we are dealing with his insurance company (a big insurance company). His insurance company accepted liablility.

They sent people round to the house to fix some of the damage, and accepted a quote for another piece of damage. But there is more damage but they have now gone quiet. They do not respond to emails and attempts to call them are fruitless. The tradesman is frustrated because we are refusing to pay him until our damage is rectified. When he speaks to the insrance company they tell him that it is them that is waiting for me to provide information. But I have provided everything they have asked for.

My emails asking for an update are not responded to. When I call I get put through to someone not on the case and they say they will email the people dealing with the case.

We are not the insurance company's client, so they seem to not care a bit about us and are just dragging this out.

Is there anything I can do to get this insurance company to respond and rectify the damage?

Thank you.

S
    Tags: None

Your claim is against the tradesman.
    If his insurers have gone shy, it is the tradesman you push.
    If he says his insurers are awaiting information from you, information which you have sent, write to him enclosing the information and tell him that if you do not receive a satisfactory response from him or his insurers within x days you will initiate court action.
    Send the letter first class and get free certificate of posting from post office

Comment

I wanted to follow up with a thanks, and to let you know that your advice was very helpful. We did as you advised and made contact with the tradesman. We immediately received contact from the insurance company who tried to tell us not to contact him and instead just communicate with them. It was the tradesman who put pressure on the insurance company to sort it out, as otherwise we would be taking the tradesman to small claims. The insurance company settled with us, I think only as a result of the tradesman calling them. So thank you!

Comment

Well done and thanks for the update

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X