• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Builder Trouble - I think we've been too soft, will this affect us in court?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Trouble - I think we've been too soft, will this affect us in court?

Hi All,
    Firstly, may I say a massive thank you to the person/persons or company that set this forum up!

I'm in the middle of dealing with a sole trader builder, that de-extended our house, and used an inexperienced workman (unknown to us at the time) to build the brick wall...the results were shocking, the wall wasn't level, brick lines were wonky, gaps weren't equal with the cement...

As the builder we employed was one of our customers previously, a young man trying hard to start out, with a young family, we tried to be as thoughtful as we could, as long as everything was put right...

At first the builder was as upset as we were, and came up with the the idea of rendering it, as he didn't have the money to rebuild...this was not something we wanted, but went along with it to help him out (silly I know)

The following months this was completed, but unfortunately there were other damages to our property and issues with the build. They've come back and tried to rectify some of the problems, but it's s still not what we wanted (the roof, we wanted as a balcony to sit out on, but this pools water, and dips in the middle)

They've damaged our new upvc front door and want to repair it with touch up pen and filler...Im not going to let them do that...

Cement over our new block drive
    Patio not put back
    The list goes on..

My concern is, if we take them to court now, how will the judge look at our softness, by allowing them to render our property?

Thank you so much in advance for your time...
    Tags: None

Hopefully the judge will look at it as trying to come to an agreed solution rather than court

Comment

Before you initiate court action, make sure he will be in a position to pay your damages when you win.
      You did post "he didn't have the money to rebuild" so taking him to court could be a waste of more money!.

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies! Its very much appreciated!!!*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X