• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transportation Company Passing On Costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Company Passing On Costs

Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place but I have an odd situation and I'm sure someone here will understand this a lot better than me and could give me some advice.

I recently had a boat moved to a boatyard, the driver from the company had a tyre burst when he drove down the yard (they had three deliveries that day and multiple everyday with no issues) so I had a call from the driver saying I had to pay for the tyre.

I argued my corner that A - I was not on site so had no say over what he did. B - he was in charge of the vehicle and should have taken better care etc - but he basically threatened me over the phone that he would just take it back where it came from so forced me into a corner where I had to pay for his replacement tyre. Not happy but I had no choice in the end and he was becoming very irate over it.

So that was on the 13th Feb. Last night I had an phone call and subsequent email from the company that as a result of the tyre blowing out some debris had hit a car nearby. The transport company are now saying that I need to pay for this to be rectified as it is my responsibility.

They are pointing me to the following terms on their website (attached)

Now I may be completely wrong in this and it is my responsibility but something just doesn't seem right to me - the fact that he was so demanding on the phone and forcing me to pay the money or he would just take it away and now saying I have to pay for the damage as a result of the tyre blowing just seems a bit odd to me.

If anyone has any advice that would be really appreciated, like I said I may be completely wrong and should pay for this but I just feel uneasy paying without having some advice beforehand.

Many thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X