• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What action can I take against myHermes, if any?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What action can I take against myHermes, if any?

Hi all,

So I sent an item of significant value via myHermes on 3rd Dec. Item value was £750, so the buyer asked me to send it via myHermes to a collection point near them. I insured the item for £750 via eBay Packlink and booked it next day delivery.

So the next day, the place refused the parcel because it didn't have a code on it (despite them saying it doesn't need one, but anyway...). Over the next course of 16 days, it has been hell on earth.

I contacted them immediately saying just return to sender as they told me they wouldn't accept it without this code, they said yep sure it'll be with you in 2 days, now here is my timeline:
    • Dec 4th - Asked to RTS, told okay, asked for address, said it'd be OTW that night
    • Dec 5th - Asked for an update, out for delivery to original address, and asked Packlink to ensure this, they said they've asked the depot to ensure this
    • Dec 6th - Told me still at original depot ready for delivery (50 miles away from my house) and claimed I had never asked for it to be RTS despite the tracking saying return to sender requested
    • Dec 7th - Parcel investigation opened, apparently they cannot find it despite being scanned multiple times
    • Dec 8th - Email from myHermes support saying they've found it and requested to be RTS, they've contacted the depot to make sure this is a high priority
    • Dec 9th - Tweeted myHermes, no response as they only respond to people with high follower count/blue tick, asked on live chat, no address given again (despite me giving it 3 times now), out for delivery at the original address. Contacted myHermes, the parcel has been lost... again.
    • Dec 10th - They tried delivering it to an address in Mitcham (nowhere near me) and luckily that address refused it also, so seemingly they've found it!
    • Dec 11th - Asked packlink to ensure they sent them the address again and to chase it, no response from Packlink, myHermes tracking says return to sender requested and myHermes told me they've had confirmation from the depot it's being returned, then it's out for delivery again!!!
    • Dec 12th - I ask if I can just claim at this point, parcel is in limbo and I'm losing the will to wait because of the hassle. myHermes say I cannot claim as it's not lost, just bouncing around depot to courier.
    • Dec 13th - It's apparently being returned to my local depot according to live chat, they ask me to wait 24-48 hours. Ah, at long last? Ensure the right address is given, ask Packlink AGAIN to ensure this happens.
    • Dec 14th - Out for delivery to original address, once again refused. myHermes ensure it's being returned and this was an error on the tracking.
    • Dec 15th - Wrote an email to support, they assured me they had contacted the depot and will get back to me, out for delivery and refused again (becoming a pattern?)
    • Dec 16th - Support emailed me back, told me it's being returned within 7-14 days. Told me the tracking is incorrect and not to listen to the tracking as it's faulty.
    • Dec 17th - Contacted live chat, once again it's still at the original address depot and will be out for delivery today, asked about the RTS, they have no idea, said the parcel has been lost. Spoke to a manager who told me the adviser was stating incorrect info, parcel isn't lost and will be returned when it's back in the depot
    • Dec 18th - Call from myHermes complaints, told me she's raising it to management and depot manager and will try to get the parcel back to me within 72 hours as I ensured her I'm travelling in 3 weeks and was meant to have the parcel back by now so I could sort with the buyer. Assured me she'd call me back before close of play to update me, no call. DM'ed me on Twitter from @hermesparcels to say she had requested it to be sent back from the sub-depot as it's not at the depot, and she'll call me tomorrow.
    • Dec 19th - No call from myHermes or update all day despite being assured I would yesterday, tracking shows out for delivery at original address, contacted live chat, scanned in the original depot and taken out for delivery at 9AM. Contacted them on twitter, no response all day but have responded to verified/high follower people yet again.

At this point, I'm beginning to lose my patience. You cannot call them, can't get hold of them, they seemingly can't get hold of their depots, you can't visit the depots to pick up your parcels, everyone says different things, parcel has been lost and found around 4 times, promises aren't kept.

I feel like I'm at a huge loss here, it's near Christmas and New Year so I won't be getting it back for at least two weeks (if at all!). They're saying I can't claim on it because it's not yet lost (their words not yet lost, do they expect it to get lost?). But yet they can't seem to get it returned to me, so it's stuck between the depot and driver constantly going in/out, it's in the black hole of the depot.

What do I do here? I'm really starting to get frustrated beyond belief, it's like an endless supply of lies and I wouldn't care if I bought it from a retailer as they'd have insurance but it's my product and the buyer has now been refunded £750 so I'm actually out of pocket of both the item and money until it's either returned or claimed on. Hermes doesn't seem to care, I have around 30 live chats and emails proving my claims and showing how inept they actually are on carrying out the most basic of tasks.

I'm really at a loss, there's no way to call them, people on live chat speak the basics of English and don't understand complex situations like this (it's not complex, but they've made it complex), their twitter/facebook team doesn't respond, their escalations email team make it up as they go along... all while I'm out of £750.

Advice? Sorry for the long post, venting a lot and still haven't heard back from Packlink despite them promising they'd chase it up.
    Tags: None

Also, I understand now not to use myHermes. They've only ever lost 1 parcel out of hundreds for me, so I never really believed how atrocious they'd be when something goes wrong. My fault, I can only learn and advise others, but now I need to focus on receiving the item back or claiming.

Comment

How bloody frustrating - are you @_M1rror on Twitter? Doubt it will help but can tweet a link to your twitter if and this thread @hermesparcels to see if you can get a reply ?

Ive not actually heard of packLink before but a quick nosey and the reviews aren't fantastic (actually utterly terrible !) and their website is the least informative website I've ever seen. They replaced the shutl service I think. Have you been talking to packLink or myhermes or both ?

Have you got email confirmation of the purchase and insurance terms ? I can't see them on their website at all.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, yes I am.

They've promised me countless times they'd call back or reach out to me with an update within 24 hours etc then it becoming 4 days without an update etc.

It's even out for delivery at the original address now... awful.

Comment

What are the terms of the insurance ? I assume that Hermes have to agree the parcel Is lost for that to kick in, and currently they won't agree it is? Have you got a copy of the insurance terms at all?

It does seem to be an issue with Packlink - their tracking codes etc not working with the couriers systems properly - sending direct with Hermes doesn't seem to have the same problem - however Hermes need to get their customer service & support sorted out.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So as of 2 days ago they were telling me it's being returned to sender, even yesterday they said it.

I've just got in touch with customer service who said they said internally the parcel was lost a few days ago, so why have they lied to me for 2 days? To avoid paying out compensation while they try finding the item? This isn't how a company should do business.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              What are the terms of the insurance ? I assume that Hermes have to agree the parcel Is lost for that to kick in, and currently they won't agree it is? Have you got a copy of the insurance terms at all?
              Hey,

I believe it should be on the original email from when I bought the insurance, I will have a look and post them.

They've just told me on live chat the parcel was lost on the 18th and they knew this internally but didn't bother emailing me.

Comment

If you used Ebaypacklink its insured if you paid extra did you? Was Parcel sebt through Myhermes by you with extra insurance there basic is very low reading Ebaypacklink looks like you can claim in the end Not much help until its decided parcel is lost though.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  If you used Ebaypacklink its insured if you paid extra did you? Was Parcel sebt through Myhermes by you with extra insurance there basic is very low reading Ebaypacklink looks like you can claim in the end Not much help until its decided parcel is lost though.
                  Hey, yes I paid via ebay Packlink and paid the extra for the insurance.

Very stressful period of time, it sounds pathetic but wasting an hour or two a day chasing them is stressing me out now.

Comment

Delivery giant Hermes blasted by customers left waiting weeks ...

Comment

It was finally being returned, the address on the tracking changed to mine and everything was going smoothly (too smooth some might say, if you've used Hermes).

Now it says there was a delay at lunch time on Friday and there would be an update in 24 hours, nothing yet after 48 hours, so hoping tomorrow. I have also chased the escalations team to see if they have an idea on why it's done this, I just assumed once it had arrived at a local depot it'd be scanned in etc and would trigger an update.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X