• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstone Brokes - PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstone Brokes - PPI

I had a Littlewoods Catalogue for 20 years, and I know that there was PPI on there.

However, I wrote to Littlewoods a while ago, and they told me in writing that they couldn't find a signed credit agreement saying it had been lost in their archives.

I am somewhat concerned because I've been told by a friend she went to claim PPI through Gladstone Brookes, and all Littlewoods offered her was token goodwill gesture of £20, then Gladstone Brookes stung her with fees.

Can I please ask as this is worrying me because I'm unemployed, and don't want this happening to me!!
    Tags: None

Gladstone Brooks would only have been entitled to ask for their commission percentage from your friend.

Have you sent a subject access request to Littlewoods? If not, do, https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

You should also put in a complaint form about mis-selling of PPI on your account so that you don't miss the deadline. Won't need your signed agreement. With a 20-year-old Littlewoods account it's very unlikely there ever was one anyway.

here....

HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT

Deadline to make PPI complaints

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has set a deadline of 29 August 2019 for the submission of PPI complaints. Should you wish to submit a complaint you must do so by the 29 August 2019 or you will lose the right to have your complaint assessed.

If you wish to submit a complaint regarding your PPI policy you can do so by completing our online Customer PPI Questionnaire here.

Alternatively, you can download and print the questionnaire using this link Customer PPI Questionnaire. Please complete the form and return it to us at:

Shop Direct Finance Company
    Customer Excellence
    Sandringham House
    Sandringham Avenue
    Chelmsford
    CM92 1LH

The form needs to be completed by the account holder. If you have authority to act on behalf of the account holder, such as being a claims management company, executor/next of kin, solicitor or hold power of attorney, instead of completing the form online, please download it and return the completed form to us at the address above, including documentation to show that you can act on behalf of the account holder.

If you have changed your name but not told us about it, we will need to see evidence of your change of name, for example, a copy of a marriage certificate, a civil partnership certificate, decree absolute, change by deed poll, or gender recognition certificate before we can progress your complaint. Please do not send us your original document – just a copy.

Having as much information about the sale of your PPI policy and your personal circumstances at the time of the sale will help us to investigate your complaint efficiently. The Customer PPI Questionnaire allows us to capture all the information we need from you. We understand that you may not be able to remember all the information, but please try to complete as much of the form as possible. We may need to contact you if we have any questions about the information you have provided or if we need any further details from you.

If you would prefer to speak to one of our advisors to make your complaint, please contact us on Freephone 0800 015 8512. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.30pm.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Gladstone Brooks would only have been entitled to ask for their commission percentage from your friend.

Have you sent a subject access request to Littlewoods? If not, do, https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

You should also put in a complaint form about mis-selling of PPI on your account so that you don't miss the deadline. Won't need your signed agreement. With a 20-year-old Littlewoods account it's very unlikely there ever was one anyway.

here....

HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT

Deadline to make PPI complaints

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has set a deadline of 29 August 2019 for the submission of PPI complaints. Should you wish to submit a complaint you must do so by the 29 August 2019 or you will lose the right to have your complaint assessed.

If you wish to submit a complaint regarding your PPI policy you can do so by completing our online Customer PPI Questionnaire here.

Alternatively, you can download and print the questionnaire using this link Customer PPI Questionnaire. Please complete the form and return it to us at:

Shop Direct Finance Company
      Customer Excellence
      Sandringham House
      Sandringham Avenue
      Chelmsford
      CM92 1LH

The form needs to be completed by the account holder. If you have authority to act on behalf of the account holder, such as being a claims management company, executor/next of kin, solicitor or hold power of attorney, instead of completing the form online, please download it and return the completed form to us at the address above, including documentation to show that you can act on behalf of the account holder.

If you have changed your name but not told us about it, we will need to see evidence of your change of name, for example, a copy of a marriage certificate, a civil partnership certificate, decree absolute, change by deed poll, or gender recognition certificate before we can progress your complaint. Please do not send us your original document – just a copy.

Having as much information about the sale of your PPI policy and your personal circumstances at the time of the sale will help us to investigate your complaint efficiently. The Customer PPI Questionnaire allows us to capture all the information we need from you. We understand that you may not be able to remember all the information, but please try to complete as much of the form as possible. We may need to contact you if we have any questions about the information you have provided or if we need any further details from you.

If you would prefer to speak to one of our advisors to make your complaint, please contact us on Freephone 0800 015 8512. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.30pm.
      Thank you for your reply.

I have asked Littlewoods for information regarding the account.

All they sent me was 1 old statement, which showed PPI was present, and said in writting that there is no credit agreement as it couldn't be loacted in the archives.

I remember being unemployed and in receipt of state benefit whenI opened the account, so I would not have been entitled to insurance anyway.

Comment

There you are then, get your complaint underway xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

There you are then, get your complaint underway xx
          In the meantime, what do I do with Gladstone Brookes, if they try and charge me any fees?

Comment

Why would they? Have you signed up with them?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Why would they? Have you signed up with them?
              Yes I have x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X