• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaults

I wonder if anyone can give some insight or point me in the right direction.
    A credit card defaults. it is sold to a dca who then starts to register monthly defaults. I read that a default can only remain on your credit file for six yrs and is then removed automatically. if so is it correct for the DCA to continue registering these defaults.
    Tags: None

It is correct the DCA take over the reporting for up to the six years from the original date of default.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks, ok so if the original default was over six years ago they cannot continue reporting the default on a monthly basis. so they should automatically remove or should it be requested.

Comment

It should fall off the credit file automatically at the six year point ( plus a couple months for things to catch up) - on your credit file can you see the registered default date?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

no cannot see any default date, the debt was first defaulted with Barclays around 2012(i am not sure of the actual date) when I was made redundant, I entered into a repayment plan which i kept to.On my credit file the account just states closed when they sold the debt to PRA in july 2015. PRA registered their first default as July 2015 the purchase date.

Comment

Barclaycard can be buggers at leaving actual default for a good while after you stop paying- I think what Id do first I'd send Barclaycard a Subject Access Request to find out when it actually defaulted so you don't risk poking the dca into action collecting the debt - plus if you did last pay in 2012 you may be statute barred. Once you find out when it actually defaulted you'll be in a better position to argue with the dca and credit reference agencies about the reporting.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important...rol-your-data/
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst
              will go down the SAR route with Barclays and let you know the outcome. This site has helped me on a number of issues. It’s a lifesaver.

Comment

Great to hear. It might be that BC defaulted it in 2013/14 and PRA just started reporting it after they took it over in 2015 - but the actual default date should be used - they can't just add a new one. Hopefully the SAR will show when that date should be and you can start getting it fixed.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X