• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Company pool car insurance excess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company pool car insurance excess

Hi, new here and not sure whether this falls under motoring or employment section, not if anyone can help!

At the start of the year I was driving one of our company pool cars when I was involved in a road traffic collision. I pulled out of our work address onto the main road turning right. A lady on a motorcycle (deliveroo) hit the right rear of my car. First things first, bar a fracture she is okay. I was already across the other side of the road when it happened, she admitted she had accelerated to over take a lorry, was riding on the centre line and did not see me. Police attended, plenty of witnesses etc. I have been informed that no further action is being taken by the police which is a relief although I was convinced I was not to blame.

My company are saying that I have to pay the 500 pound excess on the insurance (repairs to the car cost more than that) We do sign a handbook when we start that we MAY be liable to pay the excess if we are found to be at fault for the accident / damage.

My question is, where do I stand on this!? I do not feel that I am to blame (I observed the motorcycle behind the approaching lorry and had plenty of time to pull out in front of the lorry and it was only that the motorcycle rider chose then to accelerate and overtake (on what would be a slight blind bend if on the right of the lorry) that the collision happened. The police are taking no action yet my company are saying that the 500 pounds will be deducted from my pay?
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

If the motorcyclist was at fault, she is liable for all your losses.
    If your company insurers have paid out to repair the vehicle, find out if they have made a recovery against the moyorcyclists insurers.
    Any witnesses?
    Police accident report?

You need to write to the cyclist (copy to her insurers) holding her liable for the accident.and request they reimburse you the £500 excess

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X