• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GDRP and cookies opt out assult course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDRP and cookies opt out assult course

Hi

am just going through different websites adjusting there scary and orwellian cookies access to my information.

I dont mind most metrics being collected, my age, sex, pc details, locations, and usage data by all sites,
    I dont mind purchasing and searching data being available to site i purchase from ( ebay, amazon ect )

I do mind, sticky spy cookies, ie, cookies loaded from one site, that spy and report on the rest of your online activities ( facebook plus most news media sites ) whilst your using other sites
    I do mind, location tracking cookies, apart from google or ISPs , why does news organisations collect large amounts of location data ????

Adjusting your setting per site.

Some sites are great, and have made it easy to see what they are collecting, and giving you the chance to opt out , adjust.

here's a tip. if i site fully discloses what they are collecting, and give you easy opt out terms,,,, your probably not going to be bother about what data they collect anyhow.

On the other side, some sites have made it nearly impossible to opt out, and are making it impossible to understand there retention and collection policies.

I will post up any really bad examples i find, i should have screenshotted a number of them this morning.

The worst so far, was a news site, that took me to 3 different sites before i had any chance of clicking no, i don't give you permission, and another news site, that took me off site to deregister, the site that the took me to de register,, had a cookie policy that you had to click, to enable yourself to remove consent.

Worst one, took me off site, then asked me to put in my details so they could deregister me, unfortunately, that de-registration site was outside eu, so would have kept my details

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even
    Tags: None

I wont name these organisations but i have found some horrendus stuff viewing these GDRP rules

One news organisation, has made it extreemly hard to unselect the sharing all you data and details across each individual site, each timer you hity a site, owned by the same company, you get asked again, to allow them data, its hard to deselect, part of the page ( the most important part ) is hidden down so you have to scroll down to see it.

You can say no on all the sites that this company asks you, but if you accidently click yes on one, it allows them ALL to have ascsss again.

Its bad, theres no good reason why a organisation would be collecting and assimilating the data they do for there own use

Heres a good analigy i made up over a cup of tea.

We al;l have a postman, delivers our post,

What if the postman, when deleivering you posts, looking though you windows, noticing your TV is old, so you might want to buy one,, lookin at your wallpaper adn carpets and reporting back on them to his friend, , mesureing the size of your house. and looking through your posts, see what finacial agencys your dealing with.

thisd is what cookies are being abuse for.

Do you think anyone would say YES OK, if the postman nocked on the door and asked you if they could do this.

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

this is an interesting site for checking what sites are collecting

http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X