• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Seeking permission to relocate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seeking permission to relocate

    Hi, Im really hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

    I am a single parent to a 3 year old boy. He was born in Northern Ireland. When he was 8 months old, we moved to London as his dad is a chef and said it was easier to get a job there (his dad is from London, we met while we were both working in the Channel Islands). We lived together in a flat in London for almost a year until my partners gambling addiction became too much, he lost his job and as a result he lost the flat we were living in. He didn't come home one night - went to casino after work - phoned me at 3am and said I should take our son and f*** off back to Ireland. This is exactly what I did, I packed and left before he got back - this wasn't the first night like this.
    That was June 2018, I then moved to Essex in Sept 2018 - 1 hour away from the dad on public transport - so he could be a bigger part in my childs life. He rarely bothered to visit, didn't give regular child support and often let us down. He then started looking for jobs further a field - Reading, Portsmouth etc so it was almost impossible for him to visit, I drove my son to him on a number of occasions.
    In Feb 2020 he accepted a job in Guernsey and moved there just in time for lock down. Came back in June for 4 weeks, went back to Guernsey, got arrested for breaking quarantine, got put in prison for 300 days as he couldn't pay his fine. I sent him a letter in prison saying I was starting proceedings to seek permission to move abroad and now suddenly and miraculously he has found the money to pay the fine and gets out in a couple of days apparently - he will return to England (I don't think he has a choice)

    My plan has always been to move to the Middle East or Canada, even when we were together. I am an AHP in the NHS and will find a job in these places with much better prospects. As a single mum in England, with no family support, I fear I will never be able to provide the life for my child that I want to. I feel that because my child's dad has chosen to leave the country that his child lives in, I have no legal obligation to stay in this country but I cant find anything to back this up.

    I realise I will have to go to court to seek this permission but I just don't know where to start or the best way to go about it. I earn 19,000 per year as I work part time and Im due to be promoted in the next few weeks so will be earning 25000. From what I've read this means I don't qualify for legal aid? From the prices I've seen online, I'm not sure I'd be able to afford a solicitor, do I need one? Is it worth declining my promotion until I have gone through court?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Have you looked at your original thread?


    • #3
      Sorry I don't understand what you mean?


      • #4
        Legal beagles forum has been used for the promotion of such things since its inception. Seeking permission to relocate the relationship but now online gamblers can get blighty bingo promo codes at gamblizard.com/casinos/blighty-bingo-bonus as it offers bonuses and coupons for online casinos in the UK. Thanks for sharing this with us.


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




        Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

        justbeagle screenshot

        Find a Law Firm NOW

        See more
        See less

        Court Claim ?

        Guides and Letters

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm