• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting the legal ball rolling question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the legal ball rolling question

Hiya,

I'm new here.

About me...I left my partner/girlfriend 4 years ago now and our daughter, (aged 11 now) for the first 2-3 years spent 5 or 6 nights with me. Last 1-2 years her mother has agreed to an extra night so daughter is with me for 4 nights and her mother for 3.

We have no legal agreements between us currently, just we do what daughter wants.

However, this is causing some issues in regards to certain things.

If i was to get the legal ball rolling to get custody legally as I am main carer, how much does this usually cost (ball park) and what are the chances of me actual winning such a case (if mediation fails).

Any hints or tips or advice would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

You will need to contact family solicitors in your area and ask for estimates of fees.

This area of law is governed by the Children Act 1989. You would be applying for a Child Arrangements Order. Please note that in all cases concerning children the court must treat the welfare of the child as its paramount consideration.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      You will need to contact family solicitors in your area and ask for estimates of fees.

This area of law is governed by the Children Act 1989. You would be applying for a Child Arrangements Order. Please note that in all cases concerning children the court must treat the welfare of the child as its paramount consideration.
      Thanks, i'll do that.

Another question, as the current arrangement is the child with me the majority of the time; is the norm to replicate that to keep status quo or to start from scratch and ignore the past 4 years?

Thanks

Comment

Do not think of it as a 'norm' but rather whether there is good reason to keep or change those arrangements, remembering that the Court's decision will be based on what is best for the welfare of the child.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X