• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forged Signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forged Signature

Hi, was hoping for some advice please. My eldest daughter mentioned to me that her mother was taking them to Spain and they are waiting for their passports to come back. The eldest daughters passport probably expired and just needed a renewal but the youngest daughter never had a passport and as her father surely I would needed to have signed the child's application form as I co parent and have regular contact with them. If the youngest child's passport has been signed by someone other than me, is this allowed? And if my name was forged on the application is there any way to check with the passport office etc?

I wouldn't want the children to loose out on a holiday, but at the same time I cant allow my ex forging my signature on a document rather than to ask me to sign it.
    Tags: None

The eldest daughters passport probably expired and just needed a renewal but the youngest daughter never had a passport and as her father surely I would needed to have signed the child's application form as I co parent and have regular contact with them.
    Not necessarily. If this is the first passport, then you are required to confirm that child's identity which should be someone who is not connected to the child i.e. you as the father are not able to verify the identity so it would be someone like an accountant, lawyer, banker etc.

I can't remember what the application looks like but I recall that it only requires one person who has parental responsibility to sign the application, not both. Here is the link to the .Gov website that provides more information and if you are not sure, call the passport office to confirm but I suggest you get all of your facts straight before you go charging at the mother making any accusations.

Get a passport for your child: Apply for a first child passport - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Also, not sure of the current situation with your ex-partner but there are also rules and laws about taking children abroad without permission of the other co-parent (with some exceptions). Check out the link below for more information.

Do I need permission to take my child on holiday abroad? (ecfamilylaw.co.uk)
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, from what I believe a UK passport requires ones signature, an irish passport requires both parents, will see what happens.

Comment

Rather than "believing" what the requirements are, shouldn't you check and find out? Then you will have a better idea whether your concerns are justified.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Ok, so I had the children this afternoon and have been told by the youngest that her new passport came today, and the are going on holidays next week. She says it is an Irish passport but at the sane time she is young and i wouldn’t take her word for it. Is there any way I can call the Irish passport and / uk and ask if my children have been issued with a passport Abe take it from there? Any advice or re recommendations appreciated,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X