• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Step Father's rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Father's rights

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me or can offer any advice.

I have lived with my partner, step daughter (8) and my partners and my 2 children aged 5 and 2 years old for 6 years now.

My step daughter currently has my partners surname as do my 2 children as I didn't want my step daughter to feel she wasn't equal to her brother and sister. Once married this summer I will be applying for parental responsibility

She sees her biological father every other weekend for a day and sometimes through the week. She only started seeing him once she was 3 and he isn't on the birth certificate but obviously still has parental responsibility.

Once I have parental responsibility we are looking at apply to have her surname changed to mine so the whole family will have the same name.

I was wondering what the procedure is for this and how likely or unlikely it is to happen?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

I had to get f the Fathers signature to the fact after which court allowed and the change was made social services in the 70s were helpful in my case?

Comment

In order for you to have Parental Responsibility, both biological parents or anyone else with Parental Responsibility would have to agree and sign a Parental Responsibility Order.

You do not get Parental Responsibility by marrying the mother UNLESS you are the biological father.

In order to change a child's surname you will also need the consent of anyone with Parental Responsibility

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X