• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Attempted murder charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted murder charge

I am writing this on behalf of my brother as he is very depressed atm. Ive put it in mens rights as I dont know where to turn for advice. Late last year my brothers gf of a year stabbed him in the chest and collapsed his lung. She was arrested for attempted murder and detained under the mental health act. He was in hospital for a week and is okay apart from gets out of breath more and very depressed.

The incident took place at around 11pm just down the Road from home. A few hours earlier that day the police were called by a stranger near the place of the incident as she (the gf) was in distress but the police put Her back into my brothers care. Obviously a few hours later she ran out of the house (knife In hand) and my brother went after Her. The rest is history.

He was put in touch with victim support but they havent been great. Does anyone know if the police failed in their duty and a complaint is warranted at all? I feel they messed up but my feelings dont cut it.
    advice Greatful.
    regards.
    Tags: None

Just to be absolutely clear this incident took place due to psychosis and not an abusive relationship.

Comment

So sorry to hear about this. The Police dealing with mental health issues is a difficult one and increasingly a part of their job. What should have happened is the question? Arrested (for being in distress?) or perhaps more logically taken to a mental health unit for assessment. However it all depends I would think on how she presented at the time. If the Police found her calm and under the care and supervision of a responsible person that may have been enough. So hard to say anything without more details which only the Police and your brother would know. I hope he recovers fully mentally and physically.

Comment

I think you are probably right. Im looking for someone to blame when the truth is no one is to blame. Im disgusting by the lack of support. I know that is partly on him as he wont talk about it. I think he feels he is to blame and should of acted sooner but thr truth is no one knows how to handle mental health crisis'. It appears to have been Her first bout of psychosis. We dont have any family support and the depression is starting to affect the job he has been in for 20yes now. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get my brother to deal with his emotions and get the help he needs. Being put into intense care by someone you love would mess anyone up regardless of circumstance x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X