• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex's Solicitor insists of sending documents to my former Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's Solicitor insists of sending documents to my former Solicitor

Back in March this year due to the massively escalating costs I had to dispense with using a solicitor, I wrote a formal letter to both my solicitor and the Ex's solicitor but her solicitor still insists on sending correspondence to my former solicitor thus pushing up my costs.
    I know he has received my letter because not only did I hand deliver to his office but he has made comments based on that letter's content.
    Is there anything I can do about this? And if so who would I complain to?
    Tags: None

Look up SRA

https://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

Comment

Why are you still incurring costs when you have disengaged with your former solicitor? He/she should not be reclaiming costs from you when he/she is fully aware that you no longer wish to engage their services. They should be writing back to your former partner's solicitor and explaining to them that they are no longer instructed to act on your behalf and all correspondence should be directed to yourself.

I would also be inclined to inform your ex's solicitor that you are going to make a report to the SRA on the basis that there is no good reason why he/she should be continuing to correspond with your former solicitor - assuming your former solicitor also accepts they are no longer instructed. So you should also make a complaint to the SRA in that respect, as I am sure there might be a rule or two which your ex's solicitor may have possibly breached.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X