• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I get a financial settlement changed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a financial settlement changed?

Hi. And thanks for listening.

I got divorced 5 years ago after 20 years of marriage. I have a good job and my x was awarded all the money in the house, half of my pension and £2.5k a month.

I am 56. I life in rented accommodation in London that is £1700 a month. I live on £500 a month. Whilst the maintenance goes up by inflation every year my salary doesn’t. I am a ceo and the company is falling over and people are being made redundant. I have shares but these were worth £250k when I got divorced now less than £10k. I’ve recently had a breakdown and been offf work for 6 weeks. I had to go back as my salary goes down to 60% and I can’t afford to pay the ex and live. I am really unwell and shouldn’t be back at work.

I have no idea where my x is. I have no idea if she is living with anyone or working or what her financial situation is. I am suicidal and I can’t do this anymore.

I was thinking I’d only pay her half next month so she comes out of the woodwork and Id ask the court for the order to be varied to something I can afford so I can get well. If I lose my job she will get nothing.

I can’t afford a lawyer. Everyone tells me when I ask I just have to shut up and pay. We didn’t have any children and I have no idea why she got so much and I got nothing. I didn’t do anything wrong but support her.

can anyone help?

thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X