• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mediation- where to start.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation- where to start.

Hi all.
    i have recently separated from my husband of 20 and we are starting the mediation process. I have always been a little naive to the finances and let him control everything. If I’m honest I don’t really know where to start or what to expect , don’t want anything I’m not entitled to nor see him in the same position. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    We have the family home with equity in and still have a mortgage on. I provided the initial deposit and capital to get us started. I have currently moved out and staying with friends. We have a second home that we have bought on a buy to let mortgage for an investment and there is equity in that property too. We rent this out but I am also not receiving a share of that income currently.
    My husband has his own business of which I am also a director, it is not hugely profitable but we “get by”. He does the labour and I still do the company invoices, I no longer draw any salary from the business since the separation. (I take £200 per month from the company account for diesel) nothing else. We have business account and a separate joint account which I have not taken from since the separation. We have two grown up children living in the house with him but are both earning and self sufficient.
    I still use the family car which the company pays for which will go back soon.
    i have a part time job which brings me a small income. I have no company pension but my NI contributions are up to date .
    He has recently received some inheritance, which gives his a comfortable cushion but I’m not sure that is relevant to this.
    we have been separated for 8 months and things are starting to become difficult.
    your guidance will really help me through the first step.
    thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi SHOPIEKATIE

Welcome to LB

Hopefully. Celestine can look in and advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X