• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex forcing sale of house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex forcing sale of house

I am writing on behalf of a friend to ask for advice

she was not married to her ex, a year and a half ago she got an occupation order and a non mol order. I think this has not lapsed and his solicitor has sent her a letter of his intentions to sell the house and says that she should allow access for valuation and works to be carried out.

she lives there with her 3 children, her ex never paid towards their children while they were together and stopped CM after a few months of paying it claiming he wasn’t working (even though he’s been posting videos on Instagram in his work gear).

can my friend do anything? Problem is they were never married. She can’t afford to find a place to house her and her children as she is a TA and doesn’t make much. Her kids are all under 9. He doesn’t seem to care about where his children will go while he posts on Instagram about the injustice of not being able to see his kids and not being allowed in the house (he strangled her in front of the kids)

any advice on what she can do? She needs to get her income up so she can afford a family home but this will take time
    Tags: None

Sorry the non mol and occupation order HAS lapsed

Comment

Who owns the house? Is there a mortgage, and if so who pays it?

There are grounds on which a case brought under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 can be contested: see section 15.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Her ex owns the house and pays the mortgage currently. She's always paid towards bills of the house, since she moved in 10 years or so ago. Thanks for your link, it says part 36 offers?

Comment

Sorry, link now corrected.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you, I will forward this to her. She didn’t pay many of the bills, only sky she says, but her salary paid for their groceries and kids expenses, so I don’t think she will be able to claim any interest in the house.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X