• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where do i stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do i stand

Hello all, Newbie seeking advice.

Long story short i was divorced during covid (3 years ago) but the settling financials could not be completed during that time due to covid.

My ex husband moved out and i have been paying the mortgage solely since then. As it was not amicable and we have two children he also refused to support them so CSA were involved.
    He sees his kids as and when he wants i've never stopped that. The mortgage is a joint mortgage which i manage to pay. My ex husband has recently started mocking me that i am paying the whole mortgage and filling his pockets as he will get 50% of the house equity upon sale of the house.
    Outstanding mortgage is circa £51k.
    House is approximately valued at £195000.
    My parents gifted us £20000 for the deposit on condition if we sold the house at any time the first £20000 of equity would go back to them.
    Here is where the problem lies.
    My ex husband is basically telling me he is entitled to 50% of the equity after removing the remaining mortgage from the total house value, Even if he waits until the end of 12 years which is the term of the mortgage left, or the kids reach 18 and he forces me to sell it, is he correct ?
    If things stay as they are now i will have solely paid for the mortgage for 15 years without contribution from him. I am wanting him to complete a transfer of equity alongside an offer to buy him out of the house but his figures as way out of bed or at least i think so.
    Does anybody know if 50% is standard based on above or is it worth me getting a solicitor involved to safeguard my house and my childrens security. Also i might add im paying the insurance we had when married which in the event of death of either person meant the house is paid for and the surviving partner receives the house. He stopped paying that also.
    Tags: None

I would suggest you instruct a family solicitor in this case as you'll be able to do very little without going down an official route, are the payments on the mortgage repaying the capital/interest or just interest only?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X