• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sneaky wife hiding assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky wife hiding assets

Dear All

To cut a long story short.....

My father has been married to his current wife for 28 years.

His name is not on the mortgage.
    she has never taken his surname.
    she asked me about two years ago if she could put his name in my address as they both had come out of work never had a lot of money and she wanted to claim discount on her council tax.
    i have since found out she has moved his GP to my address also.
    his bank is still in her address as she has his card.

we were having a drink a couple of weeks back and his wife informed that she had a will and in her will if she passed away first my father could stay in the house but can't sell it. And when he dies the house will be split between her two kids and myself.

Reading between the lines with all of the above I don't think she had any intention to ensure my dad is protected and have a strong feeling she is trying to make sure that my father doesn't get anything and it goes to her kids. My father does not know what's in his bank or hers she controls all the finances, all of the ins and outs and what she says goes.

does anybody have any advice on what could be done for me to find out if my dad is protected. What my dad is entitled to and what I need to do to ensure he is secure. He has passed every penny over to her for 35 years but I have a feeling that she will leave him out hung and dry and believe it is really unfair.

any help appreciated.

thank you

Tags: None

The first responsibility for sorting this out lies with your father. You cannot do anything to sort it out for him, beyond pointing out the circumstances you describe to him.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X