• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property / savings in Divorce settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property / savings in Divorce settlement

We have a joint family home (£250k) and I have another property (£80) which is in my sole name - this property was bought before we married (14 years married) with a tenant paying the mortgage until the mortgage settled 2 years ago.
    Both properties are owned outright (no mortgages). I agree we should split the family home 50/50 but I think the other property is mine and my wife has no claim to it. Is this correct?

Also I got £50k redundancy 2 years ago that is in my savings account in my sole name, do I have to declare it? - it's my redundancy from my job!! surely it's mine not hers.

One more ... do I have to show my wife my bank statements for my bank and savings accounts? Can her solicitor or judge make me?
    Tags: None

you are obliged to declare EVERYTHING in your Form E.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

OK, I might be "obliged" to declare everything, but she will never know if I don't show anyone any bank statements.
      How can they force me?

Comment

First Atti is rihght, you have to declare all assets. Do not play about with it.

Can you be forced to declare everything? Yes.
        Court orders can be made and a breach of them can, if you are determined enough, land you in jail. More realistically it can make it very expensive for you in legal costs.

Declaring it does not mean necessarily that a share is taken, though it may be so here.

Just how the estates of both of you are divided is a complicated question and depends upon your exact situations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X