• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My ex-wife won't discuss dividing up and removing from my property the shared content

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex-wife won't discuss dividing up and removing from my property the shared content

Last year in March 2021 I signed the Consent Order with my then wife and was subsequently divorced in July of 2021

The terms of the Order stipulate that I will own the family home and that my wife will own a second smaller house that should be used as part of a nesting arrangement which will run until my son (disabled) turns 18 which will be in roughly two years time. We swap houses on alternate weeks, to on one enjoy a week with the kids and then the next spent being single in the smaller property.

The problem that I have is that in the consent order the following was written "The parties agree that the contents of the family home shall be divided by agreement.". We've both been fairly amicable up until now and I would like to keep it that way. The sticking point that I have is that I am attempting to get my house into a state that I feel comfortable with, which is a state that would be a lot less cluttered than it is at the moment and as such I have asked my ex wife to identify what she wants content-wise and to please move it over to her new house. A couple of days ago I attempted to encourage this process along and so boxed up a load of books / ornaments that were either obviously my ex-wife's or I just didn't want. This was not me saying this was all she could have it was just me saying I no longer want this in my house please remove what you want and leave the rest for me to dispose of. My ex went mad saying that we don't have to split the contents up until my son is 18 and further didn't take any of the items I left boxed up for her, but did take all of the pictures of the kids growing up that we had.

Based on the above, I have two questions
    1 - Can I give my ex an ultimatum to agree and take her half of the contents of the property otherwise I'll consider them mine and dispose of them as I see fit
    2 - Can I make my ex bring back the photos so that we can go through and divide them up

Any advice greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X