• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Please

so my ex and i made up our own legal separation. When he turned 18 child support would stop, we both agreed to that. When I left, my son was 15 yr old at the time so I paid for the those 3 years and then i stopped at his bday. So I filed for divorce this year and my buddy brought the papers over to her and now she's hired a lawyer wanting child support right now and until he's done university!! so she going after me for child support for 2018 to now. So I talked a lawyer and if the child still resides with one of the parents the other parent has to keep up paying till he's done University!! So i agree that i would pay for those three years and keep the child support up to he graduates in 2023 for a 4 yr program at University.....

But here's the kicker i find out that he is taking off this year for personal reason, she tells me its medical and will not disclose his medical issues because he's over 18, I've tired to talk to him, he will not answer texts, phone calls and I actually went to her house to see what is wrong and no one would answer the door.

My question is, do i still have to keep up payments to her if he's taking off a year and then going back in the Fall of 2022??

thanks

scott
    Tags: None

I suspect you are in the USA. This is a UK based forum so you might not get an answer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X