• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"International" Prenuptial agreement advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "International" Prenuptial agreement advice.

I (English male) and my partner (Swiss female) both reside in England and are planning on getting married in England.

My partner has assets in Switzerland that she and her family would like to protect by way of a prenuptial agreement. I have no problems with this and would like to do what can be done to put her and her family at ease.

We're struggling to find anyone who can offer advice with regards to the prenup. The Swiss solicitor said it should be done in England and the English solicitor said it should be done in Switzerland.

My thinking is that it's getting overcomplicated when all we want to say is that I have no claim to anything of hers in Switzerland that was hers before our marriage or through inheritance. I suppose the only sort of clause I would like is that anything we had together in Switzerland (If that were the case) was split accordingly.

How would we go about getting something like this in writing? Could we not just have a contract made out to that effect in Switzerland or England?

Any starters would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Tags: None

Hi Euroclives

I can't answer directly, but there's some info here, might help ~(link posted for info) -

https://www.forsters.co.uk/nuptial-a...tial-agreement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X