• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Change name back to maiden name by deed poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change name back to maiden name by deed poll

Hi all

Can anyone give me info on changing my name back to my maiden name? My situation is this, I am legally married but have seperated from my husband(not legally) and he lives apart from me now. I want to change my name back to my maiden name whilst I wait to gwt divorced. I was planning on doing so using the gov website but have read on there thatI will need consent from my husband to change my name. This will be a huge issue as he will not agree to it (the break up was my choice and he's made it clear he won't agree to it) Is there a way I can change my name still without consent?
    Tags: None

You can use any name you want to if there is no intent to deceive

Comment

You only need your spouses agreement to make an enrolled deed poll.
      You can make your own deed poll (https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-...dult-deed-poll) but some organisations might not accept it

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I want to make an enrolled deed poll as I need to change it officially with my bank, DVLA, council etc, basically everything and anything. My divorce could be a difficult one and in the mean time I want to cut all ties with my married name as he's seeing it as a control over me that I have his name still. If he doesn't agree to give consent then what can I do?

Comment

Not all banks and organisations require an enrolled or registered deed poll.

Other than that i regret I know of no other method

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Not all banks and organisations require an enrolled or registered deed poll.

Other than that i regret I know of no other method
            Des, you are correct you can and may use any name as you wish. So long as it's not doing so with the intent to deceive.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X