• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is a fair value for my ex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is a fair value for my ex?

    Hi

    I am currently discussing with my ex partner (never married) about what would constitute a fair buy out of their share of a jointly owned property (tennants in common.)

    When we bought the property we bought 60:40 and all fees were split 60:40 as well.

    The 60:40 split was on the basis that I paid a 20% deposit and then had a joint mortgage on the remaining 80% (so 40% each.)

    They moved out a few months after we bought ago the flat and I have paid the entirety of the mortgage and bills since then.

    My partner is asking for their fees back (stamp duty, conveyancing etc,) and I am wondering is there any legal basis on which they can claim them? We had a verbal agreement at the time that the money was intended for the fees, but nothing written down.

    I think that things are about to get a bit challenging and was wondering if there is anything else that I should watch out for?**

    Thanks!

    *
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.


If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

INFORMATION

Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW


See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters
Loading...



Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm


Working...
X