• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Occupation/non molestation order

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Occupation/non molestation order

    It's been suggested by police and domestic abuse team I get a non molestation/Occupation order on my functioning alcoholic husband....we live together (I live in my bedroom)....he can be quite volitile...
    what if he was to defend it....would I have to pay his fees and would he be allowed to stay in our marital home...
    because of his drinking¬* I feel we do need to divorce after 25yrs and it looks like it's going to cost me 15k...feels .so daunting and unfair I have to lose out because of HIS behaviour...
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Oh goodness - not an easy situation but it sounds like you have made the decision you need to make changes. The occupation order suggested will mean he has to leave the house, and the non- molestation will put limits on contact. If he breaches such an order he can be arrested.

    ¬*Divorce needn't have such a huge cost - have you been to solicitors for advice and been quoted that ?
    Have you discussed things with Women's Aid and/or Refuge at all ? They can help with the best order to do things to try protect your safety.

    How is your home owned ? Is it mortgaged or rented ? And in whose name and if both is it as joint beneficial tenants or tenants in common ?
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win. Hetty Bower

    Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

    If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

    Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com


    • #3
      thank you for the reply...a solicitor has quoted £15k. seems 3 parts to this....1 occupation order, 2 finances and 3 divorce its self..
      i havent spoke to anyone else apart from my local splitz team.....
      Home is in my name but he has a claim under marital home, seems as from today we cant afford to pay the mortgage (will now to to repossession, as already been court)
      i just dont know how it works as splitz dont want me to go into mediation, as hes volatile......how do we then move forward ???Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




      Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

      justbeagle screenshot

      Find a Law Firm NOW

      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm